Six Nations Rugby 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ooh that was a close call , I think it wasn't a try BTW .
What, the French one? I agree - I was surprised that was given. He didn't have the ball 'under control'; he dropped it. He did then go on to ground it, but only after his foot was planted. Great match tho'! Good to see the French turn up. They look like a French team - a bit inclined to carelessness, but boy when they run....

Talk about taking it right to the wire!

subaqua

What’s the point
Hmmm getting close to the 26. Hope France come out playing for a win

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
What, the French one? I agree - I was surprised that was given. He didn't have the ball 'under control'; he dropped it. He did then go on to ground it, but only after his foot was planted. Great match tho'! Good to see the French turn up. They look like a French team - a bit inclined to carelessness, but boy when they run....

Talk about taking it right to the wire!
Listen ye not to pundits and commentators, they know not of what they speak, "under control" doesn't figure in Union (it may in League but I'm not an ex-League ref)

Law 22.1 There are two ways a player can ground the ball:
(a) Player touches the ground with the ball. A player grounds the ball by holding the ball and touching the ground with it, in in-goal. ‘Holding’ means holding in the hand or hands, or in the arm or arms. No downward pressure is required.1 video.png 2 video.png

(b) Player presses down on the ball. A player grounds the ball when it is on the ground in the in-goal and the player presses down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of the player’s body from waist to neck inclusive. video.png

Attachments

• video.png
    video.png
    257 bytes · Views: 15
  • video.png
    video.png
    257 bytes · Views: 18

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Listen ye not to pundits and commentators, they know not of what they speak, "under control" doesn't figure in Union (it may in League but I'm not an ex-League ref)

Law 22.1 There are two ways a player can ground the ball:
(a) Player touches the ground with the ball. A player grounds the ball by holding the ball and touching the ground with it, in in-goal. ‘Holding’ means holding in the hand or hands, or in the arm or arms. No downward pressure is required.1 video.png 2 video.png

(b) Player presses down on the ball. A player grounds the ball when it is on the ground in the in-goal and the player presses down on it with a hand or hands, arm or arms, or the front of the player’s body from waist to neck inclusive. video.png
Neither of which applied in this case. As I say, he dropped it. He only made contact with the ball after his foot was grounded over the line.

Attachments

• video.png
    video.png
    257 bytes · Views: 18
  • video.png
    video.png
    257 bytes · Views: 20

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Neither of which applied in this case. As I say, he dropped it. He only made contact with the ball after his foot was grounded over the line.
At no point did the ball leave contact with his fingers. He grounded the ball at the same time as he grounded his foot. Try scored.

Top Bottom