Skitching the back of buses or trucks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

0lonerider

Veteran
round here im faster.than most busses,lol
plus yi could die of old age waiting for one to pass.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Hubster used to drive HGVs for a living and is horrified at the thought of someone grabbing on and getting towed. Absolutely horrified "Special breed of idiot" is the term he just used.
I've never heard the term 'skitching' before and it's not something that I would be dumb enough to do.

yebbut why did they install the pole on the back of buses if not for cyclists to grab onto

HovR

Über Member
Have to admit, I've done it before. Back of a dump truck towing a piece of machinery with a very long handle hanging off the back, a good 3 feet or so. Pretty slow speed, and very easy to hang on to with lots of clearance from the vehicle.

Was it fun? Yes. Was it stupid? Yes. Would I do it again? Nope.

I'm sure the posters berating OP have never done anything stupid before, either.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
@TheLondonCyclist you admit to hanging off vehicles for a tow ? If so, you are a special type of idiot. So you are one of these helmet cammers going round picking holes in everyone's driving, then admit to stuff like this.

Deja Vu anyone ???

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
[QUOTE 3206143, member: 30090"]£250? NIce to see CC folk condoning breaking the law for money. Hypocrites - the lot of you.[/QUOTE]
It'd make a difference to breaking it for free :-)

Anyway, I was just answering your query, not goading you in to doing it.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
[QUOTE 3206143, member: 30090"]£250? NIce to see CC folk condoning breaking the law for money. Hypocrites - the lot of you.[/QUOTE]

Who condoned it?

GC

Hip Priest

Veteran
I'm sure we can all look forward to a YouTube video of Peter Sagan 'skitching' on the Cannondale team bus.

Wacky.

crazyjoe101

I think most people on here will disagree with you on that one.

Getting out of bed is dangerous. Breathing in London air is dangerous.
Cycling is not any more dangerous than the above, as I tell the odd person who ridicules me for not wearing a plastic h**met.
As for skitching, hardly crime of the century but somewhat risky if the towing vehicle has to stop suddenly. Not something I would choose to do.

Cobblers is it

Hence 'danger', not danger. I was making the point that I don't find cycling in London any worse than anywhere else I've cycled; not that cycling in general is a particularly dangerous activity.

OP
OP
TheLondonCyclist
@TheLondonCyclist you admit to hanging off vehicles for a tow ? If so, you are a special type of idiot. So you are one of these helmet cammers going round picking holes in everyone's driving, then admit to stuff like this.

Deja Vu anyone ???
Please watch my videos. I'm not one of those people that go around finding trouble. I'm the total opposite from other cyclists on YouTube. Please don't assume things. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom