Smartphone cycle mounts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Not used that one, but I believe the Herbert Richter mounts are generally regarded as pretty good pieces of kit

Whatever you do I would urge you to loop a bit of cable through the hole on the Hero as a backup just so you don't lose it if it does decide to bungee jump

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

coruskate said:
Not used that one, but I believe the Herbert Richter mounts are generally regarded as pretty good pieces of kit

Whatever you do I would urge you to loop a bit of cable through the hole on the Hero as a backup just so you don't lose it if it does decide to bungee jump

The concern is always what if it decides to leap out of the cradle. Unfortunately the Hero has no appropriate hole for a cable so I'd probably end up putting a zip tie around the whole assembly.

jeltz

Veteran
I spent ages looking for and researching a mount for my PDA but eventually decided that it wasn't worth the risk, and bought a Garmin Edge instead.

Even if the mount is good my research suggested the following problems:-

- The phone wouldn't appreciate an unexpected heavy shower.
- A tumble on the bike leaves the phone is very much in harms way, probably more so than in a pocket
- Even in a great mount it may still shake loose if you hit a big pothole.
- Few phones are easy to read in full sunlight.

Don't mean to pi$$ on your fireworks just what I came across and the conclusion I came to.

Chrisc

Guru
Debian said:
The concern is always what if it decides to leap out of the cradle. Unfortunately the Hero has no appropriate hole for a cable so I'd probably end up putting a zip tie around the whole assembly.

I always stick a couple of elastic bands around any phone or gps I mount on the bars. Easier than a zip tie and built in shock absorbers.

Top Bottom