SMEG Kettle and Toaster

Which Kettle / Toaster Combo?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Ah but is/was it the 500 or was it one of these little beauties

Fiat_500_Abarth_front.JPG

The Abarth variant. :hyper:

I once had an Arbath Fiat, it actually started falling apart. Fix It Again Tomorrow. But that's for another tread!!

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Why not buy loads of cheaper toasters and then you can have them placed around the house; no matter where you are you can always have some toast - you might need to have a number of loaves of bread around the house as well.

This boy far is the best suggestion of how to use my total budget and is getting serious consideration. You can never have too much toast.

Ah but is/was it the 500 or was it one of these little beauties

Fiat_500_Abarth_front.JPG

The Abarth variant. :hyper:
No, defo the fiat, as I didn't actually know the model at the time, so had to check the badge.

There was a leopard skin Abarth parked near Richmond (upon Thames) Green for quite a few years. I'll see if I can find my picture of it.

Edit: ah, sad day when google image search is quicker than finding your own photo. I think this might be the actual car
snow%20cat%203-W1000-noplate.jpg

Edit 2: Ah, it's a custom job; then it is the same car.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
No, defo the fiat, as I didn't actually know the model at the time, so had to check the badge.

There was a leopard skin Abarth parked near Richmond (upon Thames) Green for quite a few years. I'll see if I can find my picture of it.

Edit: ah, sad day when google image search is quicker than finding your own photo. I think this might be the actual car
snow%20cat%203-W1000-noplate.jpg

Worthy successor to the 205 GTI

jjustink

Hello. I'm in the market for a kettle and toaster set and the Smegs have caught my eye but... the Kitchen Aid set and Dualit set are cheaper and also look pretty good. I'm struggling to make my mind up. Does anyone have any experience with any of these brands that could swing me one way or another? Is the Smeg worth the extra cash?

Cheers!

View attachment 122536

http://www.thewrightbuy.co.uk/smeg-...=f1db266e583b90c92c4cf9cad1b8fac1&fo_s=gplauk

Hi,

I'm quite late to the form, but I still wanted to give my input as I have experienced both the KitchenAid and the SMEG appliances. You do pay a higher price for the SMEG appliances, but they are worth it. I have the SMEG toaster and Fridge and the quality is great. I had the KitchenAid coffee machine and the quality was also good, but the heating element did deteriorate very easily. I was able to repair the coffee maker by purchasing a replica heating element on FixPart and it worked fine. But, I was disappointed that I had to repair a part so quickly. All in all, I do highly recommend SMEG appliances.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Wow I can’t even remember starting this thread!!

I opted for the Dualit kettle and 4 slice toaster in a lovely chrome finish and I am pleased to report that both are still going strong. Might have some toast now actually!

After we purchased our Dualit toaster we had " buyers remorse ". We realised we should have gone for the four slot version with wide slots for toasted sandwiches / muffins

Top Bottom