SMEG Kettle and Toaster

Which Kettle / Toaster Combo?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Which magazine do not give good reviews to either the Dualit or Smeg toasters and kettles. I think with both, you are buying a lifestyle rather than an appliance.
4416-jkt3a-which-black-trim-web.jpg

Always good for me. Fast, a bit noisy but otherwise helpful...in the way a good kitchen appliance should be. Only used SMEG for their five burner hobs, as the wok burner in the middle has a twin control and enables a central simmer as well as a vast outer burn. It's just stuff - enjoy your purchases!

Yeah, I would, but the point is I am looking to spend between £140 - £200 on them so that's the price point I'm looking at. There are lots of lovely cheaper ones but I need to spend that kind of money.
So you are going to spend more on something you don't like as much because .....?

(You probably shouldn't take my advice on kettles, the last one I bought had some nasty side effects :smile: )

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
So you are going to spend more on something you don't like as much because .....?

(You probably shouldn't take my advice on kettles, the last one I bought had some nasty side effects :smile: )

Na, I NEED to spend that kind of money. It's no good me buying a cheaper one as that money is allocated (gift) - It's just the price point i'm looking at. It's like someone wanting to spend £40k on a car and people recommending you buy a Fiat 500. I know cheaper ones are just as good, but I need to spend that much! :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Why not the Delonghi,

CTJ4003W-left-brillante_240x180.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
4416-jkt3a-which-black-trim-web.jpg

Always good for me. Fast, a bit noisy but otherwise helpful...in the way a good kitchen appliance should be. Only used SMEG for their five burner hobs, as the wok burner in the middle has a twin control and enables a central simmer as well as a vast outer burn. It's just stuff - enjoy your purchases!
so noisy you have to shout or cannot hear Radio Four. And not rebuildable like the toasters. And they leak.

pos.

Na, I NEED to spend that kind of money. It's no good me buying a cheaper one as that money is allocated (gift) - It's just the price point i'm looking at. It's like someone wanting to spend £40k on a car and people recommending you buy a Fiat 500. I know cheaper ones are just as good, but I need to spend that much! :smile:
Why not buy loads of cheaper toasters and then you can have them placed around the house; no matter where you are you can always have some toast - you might need to have a number of loaves of bread around the house as well.

jim55

Guru
ive joined the middle classes here but I have one of those - bought from JL. it looks good but the toasting is patchy at best. its quite funny watching my daughters getting annoyed when it toasts a slice JUST that little too much - it also means I get more toast.

none of that probably helped in all likelihood.
Why not the Delonghi,

CTJ4003W-left-brillante_240x180.jpg
I have the toaster like this ( in black ) and it doesn't toast very evenly , I've also got the matching kettle ( both were gifts so dunno how much they were) but the kettle is a bit noisy ,I've had better ( both. Toaster and kettle)

Top Bottom