SMEG Kettle and Toaster

Which Kettle / Toaster Combo?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Hello. I'm in the market for a kettle and toaster set and the Smegs have caught my eye but... the Kitchen Aid set and Dualit set are cheaper and also look pretty good. I'm struggling to make my mind up. Does anyone have any experience with any of these brands that could swing me one way or another? Is the Smeg worth the extra cash?

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 13.21.40.jpg

http://www.thewrightbuy.co.uk/smeg-...=f1db266e583b90c92c4cf9cad1b8fac1&fo_s=gplauk

Dave 123

Legendary Member
When we redid our kitchen a couple of years back we got a Dualit toaster and kettle (with John Lewis staff discount from my niece)
They are very good. The only downside is that when my 83 yo mum stays with us, the kettle is a bit too heavy for her to lift. They're made of sturdy stuff!

Edit- @Joffey - I'm loving your first world problems ;)

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Dualit toaster = double plus good
Dualit kettle = pos

POS - Piece of sh....... ???

We have a basic Dualit toaster and it is excellent.

Basically, if you're buying SMEG or Kitchen Aid, then the extra you're paying is for the pretty colours and the marketing... and almost £200 for a toaster and a kettle is taking the piss!

It is a lot isn't it, especially when it does the stuff that a £20 job will do.

@Dave 123 - Haha it's an obscene first world problem! I have been pondering this for 3 days now!

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Good old Red Dwarf!!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Which magazine do not give good reviews to either the Dualit or Smeg toasters and kettles. I think with both, you are buying a lifestyle rather than an appliance.

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Which magazine do not give good reviews to either the Dualit or Smeg toasters and kettles. I think with both, you are buying a lifestyle rather than an appliance.

I know what you are saying but it's not a 'lifestyle' - I just like the look of them.

mattobrien

Guru
We had a two slice Dualit toaster for 10 yrs without issue. Mrs O wanted an upgrade when we redid our kitchen so we now have a 4 slice Dualit toaster. Can't go wrong. We also have a Dualit kettle too.

Never liked Smeg personally, we had a Smeg fridge at work years ago and it seem style over substance.

Top Bottom