SMEG Kettle and Toaster

Which Kettle / Toaster Combo?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
After we purchased our Dualit toaster we had " buyers remorse ". We realised we should have gone for the four slot version with wide slots for toasted sandwiches / muffins

We’ve never used it for toasted sandwiches. Might give that a try.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My experience with kettles and toasters tells me that they are all prettymuch the same, The only things I consider price-wise are the looks and the size. I bought a £14 toaster and it does the job perfectly, but is a bit too small for some of the larger slices, that's my only gripe but we rarely use it so it's ok.

With kettles, again I had a cheap £11 one which worked perfectly for 5 years (and it was second hand). It was alrge enough and boiled just as quickly as my partner's posh one, maybe a few seconds longer but that is negligable. The only thing was the cheap kettle and toaster were white and didn't look very nice.

So I think you are just paying for the looks and a somewhat sturdier product that doesn't really need to be sturdy unless you're chucking it about the kitchen. But if you've got the money to consider it then just buy it!

richardfm

Veteran
My experience with kettles and toasters tells me that they are all prettymuch the same, The only things I consider price-wise are the looks and the size. I bought a £14 toaster and it does the job perfectly, but is a bit too small for some of the larger slices, that's my only gripe but we rarely use it so it's ok.

With kettles, again I had a cheap £11 one which worked perfectly for 5 years (and it was second hand). It was alrge enough and boiled just as quickly as my partner's posh one, maybe a few seconds longer but that is negligable. The only thing was the cheap kettle and toaster were white and didn't look very nice.

So I think you are just paying for the looks and a somewhat sturdier product that doesn't really need to be sturdy unless you're chucking it about the kitchen. But if you've got the money to consider it then just buy it!

Toasters - not all the same. Some toast the bread unevenly, some give up the ghost in a shorter time than others.
Kettles - not all the same. Some take longer to boil than others, some take longer to switch off when the water is boiling.

Price is not necessarily a factor in how the appliances perform.

Jody

Stubborn git
Hi,

I'm quite late to the form, but I still wanted to give my input as I have experienced both the KitchenAid and the SMEG appliances. You do pay a higher price for the SMEG appliances, but they are worth it. I have the SMEG toaster and Fridge and the quality is great. I had the KitchenAid coffee machine and the quality was also good, but the heating element did deteriorate very easily. I was able to repair the coffee maker by purchasing a replica heating element on FixPart and it worked fine. But, I was disappointed that I had to repair a part so quickly. All in all, I do highly recommend SMEG appliances.

That's some commitment to find a post from 8 years ago and then sign up to a forum just to big up Smeg products.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
After we purchased our Dualit toaster we had " buyers remorse ". We realised we should have gone for the four slot version with wide slots for toasted sandwiches / muffins

I have one of those, with the sandwich cages!

Not only was it a 8 yr old thread resurrect, the resurrecting post was complete cobblers.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
We had a Smeg toaster - from its build I reckon it should have cost about a quarter of what it did..

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have a Tefal toaster. It wasn't cheap (can't recall the price). It's knocking on a bit BUT.....it has never toasted evenly.
If a company could guaranty** even toast I would swap tomorrow but they don't.
**is that spelling correct?.....it looks wrong
My kettle is Kenwood. Again knocking on. It does the job but it's heavy and the flip up lid makes it a pain to fill.

richardfm

Veteran
I have a Tefal toaster. It wasn't cheap (can't recall the price). It's knocking on a bit BUT.....it has never toasted evenly.
If a company could guaranty** even toast I would swap tomorrow but they don't.
**is that spelling correct?.....it looks wrong
My kettle is Kenwood. Again knocking on. It does the job but it's heavy and the flip up lid makes it a pain to fill.

I can guarantee that it's wrong.

Mike_P

Guru
This week's Aldi catalogue kettle and toaster AU$24.99 each, about 13 squids each.

Those are normally generic, can be found under a lot of supermarket labels. The one good reason to buy from Aldi is the extra guarantee beyond what other stores normally offer.

Regular.Cyclist

Über Member
We have the red variant of the kettle and 4 slice version of the toaster in the OP.

Had it 5 years now without issue. My wife loves her toast and wouldn’t part with this toaster as it cooks very evenly, must better than any others we’ve previously owned.

Top Bottom