SMIDSY by a copper tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes alright chaps.
This thread is for discussion of my case not for the discussion of the police and the slang of what they are sometimes called.
Thanks
Ian

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I said in general, and it is derogatory. ( http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/filth?q=filth )

I have met a handful of useful officers, yet a lot of others who don't care and rush to protect their own. Personal experience includes a staff sergeant willing to punch people in the back of the head for no reason, and several who do not care about following up a car hitting a pedestrian or cyclist.

Are you saying your brother has never protected his own, and has always acted honestly and without bias? Would he treat you more favourably than a stranger?

Not sure thats there is such a rank within the Police Force. I'm sure if you spent anytime around police officers you would find the vast majority have more moral backbone, integrity and balls than you give them credit for.
Where there is a conflict of interest 99% of cops stay well out of the way! If for no other reason than it's not worth our own careers!
Of course if your own opinion of the Police is that low, you can always write to the Chief Constable and inform him that under no circumstances are the Police ever to attend you, your address whatever the reason. Even if you do dial 999. I have met too many people that slag off cops and then pick up the phone and scream blue murder for attention at the slightest little thing. So before making sweping generalisations based on personal perceptions of isolated incidents get your facts straight.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Resurrecting this old thread of mine with an update.

So 15 month's down the line I finally received compensation from the Met Police for the collision.
The compensation was/is for the ongoing injury pain. (Rotator cuff injury injury). I am still getting little twinges now and again (just like an old war wound I suppose) and was offered steroid injections and further physio, but declined as it's really not that bad, the twinges are getting less and less painful and should fully heal.

The £14 I paid CTC for an affiliate membership (FNRttC) was well worth the money.
I found The CTC's solicitors (Slater & Gordon) exemplary in their handling of the case, they are a credit to their profession.

There was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing going on as there usually is with these things (The Met Police lost statements) and we had to threaten them with court action a couple of times, but finally got to a satisfying conclusion.

As to what action was taken against the copper? I don't know. I contacted Marlow House to find out but they just threw the data protection act at me..but said that it has been dealt with. So perhaps any of our resident Police on here can give us an idea of what action may have been taken against the Cop who did knock me off.

I wasn't going to go for any sort of compensation, however the brush off I got from the Met Police shortly after the collision and their refusal to take any sort of blame helped me with the decision to do so.

The solicitors did say that if I had not had an independent witness to the collision, then they wouldn't have taken the case on.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The solicitors did say that if I had not had an independent witness to the collision, then they wouldn't have taken the case on.

Get a camera and then you dont need a witness.

Slightly OT but I was dissapointed, that despite being hit on a busy rbt in April nobody stopped an offered to be a witness. To her credit though, despite being dovy enough to drive into the back of me she admitted full responsibility; she probably could have been awkward and got away with it.

Top Bottom