SMIDSY by a copper tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's a reasonably good result I guess. I didn't give you a "like" as it didn't seem appropriate with your injuries.

What payout are you looking at?

To be honest I don't know and don't really care. It hasn't been discussed yet with my solicitior.
I just want the individual to be punished for
1: his actions on the road that caused the collision
2: his actions in regards to his statement after the collision

Good for you. Has the copper been prosecuted for driving without due care and attention? I thought not.

Really? Last (and only) officer I ever heard of knocking a cyclist off was prosecuted and got points, I think six but couldn't swear to that.

I was breathalised when I was knocked off my bike last month. Because of my damaged abdominal wall muscles I could barely breathe anyway but it was about the first thing they did after making sure I wasn't about to die. I had no idea it wasn't obligatory. All things considered I didn't feel it was unfair to do this. I thought their timing was a bit off but I didn't mind producing a test.

Don't get me wrong, if I was in the situation and asked, I'd happily provide one to have it recorded that it was a zero. However, the police can only ask, and not legally require one from a cyclist.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
6 months is pretty quick apparently.
These things can drag on for years, just ask Fossyant,
Yikes. I'm only at the stage of giving my medical consent form to the insurers of the woman who knocked me off. I'm going direct to her company though and not through a claims lawyer so hopefuly it will be less than years. Months is bad enough although my case is pretty straight forward and she has admitted liability> I suppose I'm really fishing for reassurance and someone to say it'll all be done and dusted in a jiffy. *waits for tumbleweed*

Yikes. I'm only at the stage of giving my medical consent form to the insurers of the woman who knocked me off. I'm going direct to her company though and not through a claims lawyer so hopefuly it will be less than years. Months is bad enough although my case is pretty straight forward and she has admitted liability> I suppose I'm really fishing for reassurance and someone to say it'll all be done and dusted in a jiffy. *waits for tumbleweed*

No reassurance here I am afraid.

Her insurance company will not want to pay you a penny, so will drag it out as long as possible in the hope you will give up and go away.

Drago

Legendary Member
Really? Last (and only) officer I ever heard of knocking a cyclist off was prosecuted and got points, I think six but couldn't swear to that.
Indeed! I am personally acquainted with coppers who have been prosecuted for driving offences while on duty, so of them quite deservedly so. Anyone who thinks there's some special mafia or brotherhood of officers that keep each other out of this sort of trouble is 2 or more decades behind the times. PACE has pretty much seen the end of the Black Rats etc.

subaqua

What’s the point

dawesome

The Norfolk Police report into the crash said it would "appear a second's inattentiveness on behalf of the officer through fatigue" was to blame.
The report was obtained by a BBC Freedom of Information Act request.
CCTV footage of the crash was posted on YouTube and has been viewed more than 67,000 times.
Cost of street repairs
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said the incident was "fully investigated as a road traffic collision by a senior officer" but inquiries found "there were no criminal or formal misconduct matters to answer".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-19260335

Top Bottom