SMIDSY by a copper tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
That partiular case has been of much discussion in dibble circles. His employers can't go too hard on him for being fatigued, when their local federation have been nagging at the force over the shift pattern they run which is especially conducive to this sort of thing. If they sunk him over it then he'd probably stick a legal torpedo into them in return.

dawesome

That partiular case has been of much discussion in dibble circles. His employers can't go too hard on him for being fatigued, when their local federation have been nagging at the force over the shift pattern they run which is especially conducive to this sort of thing. If they sunk him over it then he'd probably stick a legal torpedo into them in return.

You Norfolk police Drago? You'll probably know my brother if so.

To be honest, much as some may disagree with the bollard crash, I very much doubt any prosecution would have been brought against any member of the public who crashed into them whilst licenced, insured and taxed either.

simon.r

Person
Yikes. I'm only at the stage of giving my medical consent form to the insurers of the woman who knocked me off. I'm going direct to her company though and not through a claims lawyer so hopefuly it will be less than years. Months is bad enough although my case is pretty straight forward and she has admitted liability> I suppose I'm really fishing for reassurance and someone to say it'll all be done and dusted in a jiffy. *waits for tumbleweed*

I was knocked off last November. Liability admitted by driver, no serious / lasting injury, no solicitors involved. I had to have a medical assessment a few months after the accident. I received a payout from the insurer about 5 months after the accident. It can be done!!

But, as has been mentioned on here many times, you need to be as certain as you can be that your injuries are not going to have any long term effects before you take the coin.

PK99

Legendary Member
But, as has been mentioned on here many times, you need to be as certain as you can be that your injuries are not going to have any long term effects before you take the coin.

Very important point as there is no opportunity for second dibs if injures prove longer lasting than anticipated

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I was knocked off last November. Liability admitted by driver, no serious / lasting injury, no solicitors involved. I had to have a medical assessment a few months after the accident. I received a payout from the insurer about 5 months after the accident. It can be done!!

Sounds fair enough I suppose. Will they pay up for the bike sooner. I'm fairly sure that isn't going to get any worse.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Out of pocket expenses, repairs etc can be settled with an interim payment, once liability is agreed. In my case liability was agreed and repairs paid for in 6 weeks. Sorting out injury took three and a half years for me, and I only settled when I was confident my injuries had recovered sufficiently.

Does it matter though. God there were a few folk in the thread getting really heated. I'd expect to police to test everyone.

First time I was hit, bike written off, to get the police out I had to say that I had the suspicion she'd been drinking. They didn't think someone should be sent out. I'd happily blow a test if they treated all RTAs the same.

To be fair the filth don't give a toss about cyclists being knocked off in general.
My brother's a copper, a cyclist, and not filth.

I said in general, and it is derogatory. ( http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/filth?q=filth )

I have met a handful of useful officers, yet a lot of others who don't care and rush to protect their own. Personal experience includes a staff sergeant willing to punch people in the back of the head for no reason, and several who do not care about following up a car hitting a pedestrian or cyclist.

Are you saying your brother has never protected his own, and has always acted honestly and without bias? Would he treat you more favourably than a stranger?

Top Bottom