So am I the only American here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
somewhere in america

somewhere in america

member of the unknown
@cyberknight I'd rather work nights if I had the choice!

Well apparently I'm missing some vital step because the tire just let loose all the air again. This isn't just a little air it's all of it in 1 second, it woke me up 10 minutes ago. I've watched videos and follow them exactly and still 10-15 hours later the tube can't seem to hold the air so I guess I have to take the bike to the LBS.

Linford

Well apparently I'm missing some vital step because the tire just let loose all the air again. This isn't just a little air it's all of it in 1 second, it woke me up 10 minutes ago. I've watched videos and follow them exactly and still 10-15 hours later the tube can't seem to hold the air so I guess I have to take the bike to the LBS.

Possibly the rim tape is punctured or displaced and the end of the spoke has gone through the tube, or maybe you might have pinched the tube with the tyre lever when putting it back together ?

The 'welcome mat' has now carpeted the whole house and is busy replacing the grass in the back yard - great stuff! AND Linford has dropped by to help out too. Get your hound to pump up the tubes next time - there's nothing like 'air of the dog' to put things right.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

I hope you get a job asap , i have been in a similar situation many years ago where my fiancee fecked off and left me with a mortagage based on a joint income then i lost my job so i had no car , no job etc so i was living on handouts from my parents for a while till i took a crappy job in a cardboard box making factory but it was only a 5 minute walk from my house .

classic33

Leg End Member
Apparently my grandmother (on my mothers side) was told she was Irish but my aunt has been working on our familys' geneology and she says she can't find any Irish just German, Native American Indian and possibly English.
on my fathers side, his mother is Lebonese and his father is 1/2 Welsh, then German and native american indian, and a little Pennsilvania Dutch which is basically German too.
I think my family on my moms side all look very English.... tall, thin, willowy, square jaw, fair skin, thin brown hair.
I'm the odd one of both sides as I am the shortest by A LOT! blonde wavy hair and I can tan fairly dark just can't keep it for long unless I live in the sun! I have freckles but they fade if I tan and the more time I spend in the sun the lighter my hair gets until it's nearly white/platinum. I build muscle easily and fast especially for a woman but even if I were a man it's impressive. I've been told I look scandinavian when I am at my best. I've also been told by many that I seem very European in demeanor/attitude. Once someone even went as far as to say I seemed very French..... I have no idea what that means as I can honestly say I've never met a French woman before.
Up until the 1920's Ireland was classed as part of England. Were the family members Catholic or Protestant. It may be where the English possibility is coming from.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well many of our counties are actually named after towns - Yorkshire (York), Lancashire (Lancaster) etc,. And Gloucestershire is pronounced Gloss-ster-sher...
@Spinney
"The county of Yorkshire was so named as it is the Shire (administrative area or county) of the City of York."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yorkshire

If you think those examples are bad, don't ever, ever think of going to Wales!
27-08-8.jpg

View attachment 29102
Its not just Wales, try mytholmroyd, Sowerby Bridge & lets not forget slaithwaite.
Remember Yorkshire, the only County to have a recognised National Anthem(translated & sung in over 100 languages, English included. And it remains the only County mentioned in the Bible!!

Last edited:

Mattonsea

Über Member
We are a broad church....very broad looking at some of the photos:hungry:
The old ones are the best....

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
American lineage so often hard to determine due to simplifications of names and the like, as well. My grandmother's family was Stufflebeam or Stufflebean, but actually was the Dutch-Stoppel-Boehm. My great grandfather's family was Irish, but of Norman origin. Probably Norse Vikings who were fobbed off with land in Normandy, who took their chances with William the Conqueror and set off for greener, less marshy pastures. Which they kept until relocated by (according to family ) the accursed Cromwell. Many German names were Anglicized either to aid in escape from Prussian authorities or due to uncomfortable conditions for Germans in this country until mid 20th century. Eastern European names much the same . Parish records are not as complete in the States as in Europe, especially among the Protestant Churches, Episcopalian (Anglican), Lutheran, and Orthodox excepted. Computer searches much better than paper and library searches we used to do. Ancestry.com is okay, but costs money . Mormon Genealogical Database may still be free, but it is yoked with Ancestry as well. Mormons have a great deal of research in this regard.

Top Bottom