So far so good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Knightly85

Screenshot_20200430-140803_MapMyRide.jpg

So far so good, decided to go healthy 11 days ago got a bike 7 days ago. I've cycled nearly 80 miles, 9 home workouts, 315 push ups, taken my daughter for walks and had a very strict diet. Feeling good, can't wait so start seeing changes and feeling fitter. Prior to this I was Probably one on the most lazt people ever, this forum helps to keep me motivated. I'm hoping to lose about 25 kilos, anyone else in a similar situation to me? :rolleyes:^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
Well done

weightwatchers thread
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/weight-watchers-thread.5974/page-179

I‘d be very sceptical that you’ve really burned that many calories in 60 miles unless you are very heavy and pushing rather hard. i use 30-40 a mile as rule of thumb (not that it really matters, these are all guesses!)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

I'm not counting calories that's just what my app says, it probably does add calories when I'm going down hill. I did also look online and put my hight, weight and average speed in and it said I should burn around 600 calories for a 10 mile cycle, again I don't know if that counts for going downhill.

OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

Screenshot_20200430-160836_MapMyRide.jpg

This is today's cycle, says I burned 633 calories. I just guessed that I work twice as hard when I go up hill and get a bit of a breather when I go down hill.

vickster

Legendary Member
Still sounds high. What weight have you entered into the app?

Great start! Well done on maling the decision to get fitter. Don't be afraid to take the odd rest day though. Last thing you want is to get injured and not be able to get out when you want to.

OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

Screenshot_20200430-161433_MapMyRide.jpg

But then if you look at this one, this was yesterday's cycle. More miles less calories and this was such a hard cycle for me (my hardest so far) because most if it was up hill. I feel I work much harder on this cycle then any other so far.

13 rider

Guru
View attachment 518967

But then if you look at this one, this was yesterday's cycle. More miles less calories and this was such a hard cycle for me (my hardest so far) because most if it was up hill. I feel I work much harder on this cycle then any other so far.
Without using an expensive power meter any calories reading is just an estimate and won't be that accurate . Trust your feeling if it felt hard you probably burnt more calories than an easier feeling ride . Whatever app you use runs an algorithm to estimate your calories

Top Bottom