So far so good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

I've gone from a really bad diet eating really bad food and snacking all the time to eating really really healthy and I've kept it up for 2 weeks so far. I've also gone from hardly no exercise to doing quite a lot I've cycled about 110 miles in 10 days with one rest day also doing things like home exercise push ups and sit ups. I see you mentioned injury, it's funny coz I've done my ecercises today and my 10 mile cycle I felt fine but since I've had dinner (about 4 hours ago) my right leg is really hurting from my hip down. Not sure if I've pulled a muscle or something I'll have to see how it feels tomorrow.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I agree about the cycling; tbh I've really overcooked it recently and it's starting to take its toll - need some down-time but boredom and nice weather makes it difficult.

As you say chin-ups are a very high intensity / strength-focussed exercises that are bound to be a lot more stressful than long periods of low intensity exercise for weight loss. How many can you do now? I don't think I can even do one :shy:

I cut down my planned cycling for today, and spent some time ejecting a couple of unwanted squirrels out of my loft and locating and destroying their nest instead.

I'm not as good at chin-ups as I used to be, nowhere near. I used to be able to do a set of 9 or 10, then maybe a set of 8-9, then a final set of about 7. After that I'd be knackered, even though I usually interspersed each chin-up set with doing 10-12 press-ups to get a bit of rest.. Each set would be performed with a different hand grip (palms rear, palms forward, and neutral), as it slightly changes the way the muscles are used. Palms facing forward is punishing, the other variations much easier. Now, I'm very lucky to do 20 in total, and I'll know all about it for a couple of days after. TBH, I don't do them as regularly as I should any more so will have lost some strength plus I've put a few pounds on in 10 years which makes them all the more strenuous. I'd need to lose a stone in weight first to regain the ability I used to have.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
That sounds like time well spent - don't get me started on those destructive little grey b*stards. I hope you've made an effort to block up all their points of entry!

Good work with the chin-ups; I could really do with some upper-body development (swimming was supposed to help until our most popular Chinese import closed the pool) but really struggle to find the botheration to do exercises for the sake of it. That's the beauty of cycling of course; that it's enjoyable in its own right without having to endure it in the name of self-improvment!

As per your last post chin-ups are pretty intense and when you struggle to do even one (I've only ever managed 2-3 in one hit with palms facing me, and none with them facing away) it's difficult to get started. Hoping that having lost a good chunk of weight might help me get started, but I'll need all the help I can get with my matchstick arms :shy:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
At least a couple of kilos, he won’t have lost a stone in fat in under 2 weeks unfortunately. Even (especially) if he’s starving himself, especially as he’s not very overweight I believe
Granted it's unlikely just through exercise and restricted diet, although perhaps not impossible. I managed to lose a solid 3.5-4kg over an 8-day water fast (6kg lost, 2-2.5kg regain). Did a couple of these with a bit of a gap between and lost 6kg inside a month.

It was quite bizarre to look in the mirror each morning and notice that I was visibly slimmer than the previous day - felt great for the fast too probably especially so as I have some food allergy issues that can't affect me if I'm not eating!).

OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

I can only tell you what I was before I started and what I am now. Maybe it's water fat I don't know, but whatever it is I'm 6 kilos lighter and I will keep going.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well done @Knightly85

OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

I've taken some before pictures, can't wait to take the after ones. I will get there, this forum is really helping me ^_^

MarkF

Guru
At least a couple of kilos, he won’t have lost a stone in fat in under 2 weeks unfortunately. Even (especially) if he’s starving himself, especially as he’s not very overweight I believe

I weigh myself 5-10 times a day, it's habit as there are 5 machines within 20m of my work station, all calibrated. It's amazing what can happen, on a regular 8 hour shift my weight can remain static or move 1-1.5kg's! But fat loss? Yep, he'll have done well to lose 2kg+ in 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

I weigh myself 5-10 times a day, it's habit as there are 5 machines within 20m of my work station, all calibrated. It's amazing what can happen, on a regular 8 hour shift my weight can remain static or move 1-1.5kg's! But fat loss? Yep, he'll have done well to lose 2kg+ in 2 weeks.
Maybe because you use different scales? I'm not sure. All I know is that I weigh myself every morning when I wake up before breakfast on the same scales I started at 104 kilos now I'm 97 kilos. Maybe they are wrong, maybe it's just water fat but that's what it says.

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Maybe because you use different scales? I'm not sure. All I know is that I weigh myself every morning when I wake up before breakfast on the same scales I started at 104 kilos now I'm 97 kilos. Maybe they are wrong, maybe it's just water fat but that's what it says.

They are professional scales, calibrated regularly, exactly the same weight on any. I am saying body weight can fluctuate by quite a lot, l was 82.2kg Friday now l am 84kg.

Edit - Minus 2.2kg in uniform, I've weighed that too!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

They are professional scales, calibrated regularly, exactly the same weight on any. I am saying body wright can fluctuate by quite a lot, l was 82.2kg Friday now l am 84kg.
Yeah I get that but I can only tell you guys what the scales say. I've been working real hard and really strict on the food I eat, I will keep it up and see what happens.

Top Bottom