So how did you all chose what to call yourselves on here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:
Keep guessing..

Ever heard of anti-climax? It had better be something seriously exotic if you're going to play it for tension. Tell me we don't have to spend a test-cricket-length game guessing that your name is John?

Kovu

Über Member
Errmmmmm any name I have had on the internet has been a name from a film. But i've been Kovu for years ... but I am a girl even though it's a male lion's name!

theclaud said:
Ever heard of anti-climax? It had better be something seriously exotic if you're going to play it for tension. Tell me we don't have to spend a test-cricket-length game guessing that your name is John?

Is this a prequel to a 'Dear John' post theclaud, I don't know if like the sound of that, we were getting along so well before I did the foot in the mouth thing :blush:

User3094 said:
If your name isnt Colin, it jolly well should be.

I feel like I'm walking on eggshells at the moment - need to be really careful in case I inadvertently diss someone else big time on here :blush:

TVC

Victorian slang, a great way of having a rude forum name without anyone complaining. I discovered that it was also adopted by members of XTC for their alter-egos The Dukes of Stratosphere. Clearly they got the same book of old slang for christmas that I did.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
very-near said:
Is this a prequel to a 'Dear John' post theclaud, I don't know if like the sound of that, we were getting along so well before I did the foot in the mouth thing :blush:

Relax, Linf - I'm not offended. Just wondered why you're being cagey about your christian name...

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
About 10 years ago playing golf and teeing off on the 18th with my, then, usual grace and agility. One of the guys commented that I didn't hit the ball so much as bludgeon it, in fact MacBludgeon it. This stuck and there were people at the golf club that only knew me by that name. Since shortened it to MacB as it's easier and fits better on a cycling jersey.

Real name is Alastair MacDonald, no I'm not being especially revealing. Prior to adopting MacB I used my real name on forums, as I use my real picture, so it wouldn't take Einstein to find it.

According to my Mum my christian name should have been spelled Alasdair but my Dad had been a bit drunk when registering the name and used a T instead of a D. According to my Dad he'd had to go along with my Mums 'poncy' selection but wouldn't wish the D on me, so had deliberately changed it to T.

Coco

User3094 said:
If your name isnt Colin, it jolly well should be.

very-near said:
I feel like I'm walking on eggshells at the moment - need to be really careful in case I inadvertently diss someone else big time on here :blush:

Be very careful - and read again how I got my name :biggrin:

Top Bottom