So how did you all chose what to call yourselves on here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
theclaud said:
Hardly fair, Linf - I didn't choose my name! And, for once, you have the advantage of me, for I don't know yours.

Ooops :wacko: Good guess! :ohmy:

Offence not intended.

FWIW, I hated my name when I was a kid. It's kind of grown on me now though. It made me pick my own kids names very carefully..

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
stand in the gresty road end at the alexandra stadium and you'll hear a few people also claiming to be alecstilleyedye…

very-near said:
'Claudine' Hmmm, wouldn't be my first choice :wacko:

Claudine would be my first choice for many things. Besides I thought Very Near was the closest you'd ever got to the point of something.

I reckon your real name is Gerald.

Arch

Married to Night Train
very-near said:
FWIW, I hated my name when I was a kid. It's kind of grown on me now though. It made me pick my own kids names very carefully..

I don't hate my name, I just hate that people are incapable of using it fully, so they always shorten it, usually to versions I really don't like. I don't mind Sue, which is why I generally cut to the chase and use that these days, people can't mess it up any more...

Anyway, Arch - when I was first an undergrad here at York, we had a lecturer who decided one day to call out a register at the start of a lecture, by surname, in an ironic public school type way. He was so cool and laid back, he could only manage the first syllable of my surname, and it stuck as a nickname, so I used it on C+ and when I transferred here.

Velorum

The name of a star within the Gama Velorum star system
velorumstar.jpg

Chosen some years ago for the name of my boat - for no other reason than I just liked the sound of it.....
velorumboat.jpg

I use it on a number of forums.

Cheers
Ian

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Crackle said:
I thought Very Near was the closest you'd ever got to the point of something.

:wacko: We could have a guess-Linf's-name sweepstake. I'm going for Norbert.

And thank you, gentlemen, for the kind reassurances. You just get used to your name and it becomes opaque - I don't really know whether I like mine or not.

Mort - is your signature a quick brown fox thing. I like it.

peanut

peanut -the name of my cat. I keep it the same for all forums cos I've got a terrible memory. .....

Sorry what was the question ?:wacko:

theclaud said:
;) We could have a guess-Linf's-name sweepstake. I'm going for Norbert.

And thank you, gentlemen, for the kind reassurances. You just get used to your name and it becomes opaque - I don't really know whether I like mine or not.

Mort - is your signature a quick brown fox thing. I like it.

It looks like my post has turned this into a 'Does my bum look big in this' sort of thread.

Keep guessing..

Well, as for me.

It isn't my age :?:;). Nor my date of birth (not even month-year or year-month - some folks have speculated as such - very flattering! :tongue:). It isn't from my phone number, or my car number plate, or my house number.

As for "Very Near", I'm guessing it's a quotation from somewhere. Whether google will narrow it down...???

postman

Legendary Member
Cos i was one.
And i was the secretary of the Royal Mail (Leeds) cycle club.
We were around for 10 years raising money for various charities.Mainly Martin House Hospice.
It was a great time.

Top Bottom