So how many recumbent riders have we?

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by Andy in Sig, 13 Sep 2007.

1. neil earley

neil earley Über Member

NICE TRIKE keep us all informed on your rides , happy triking

2. andytheflyer

andytheflyer Veteran

Hi @kerryw
    I have a Performer 2w recumbent - I live down the A41 not far from you. If you need help with the Performer I may be able to advise. Good pieces of kit though.

mrandmrspoves likes this.
  3. hoxtonhopper

hoxtonhopper Active Member

I've been laid back since 1998, when I bought my first bikeE at Bikefix. I upgraded from that bikeE 'AT' model to a bikeE 'RX' a few years later, just before the bikeE corporation folded, and it's still going pretty well.

About four years ago I added to the stable by buying a second-hand Ratcatcher 9, made by Mike Burrows.

Both bikes are great fun to ride, but the latter is an absolute dream, especially on a good road. Mike envisaged it as a fast day bike or weekend tourer, but I have pressed it into service for some longer rides. The furthest I've been on it so far is the south of France and back.

4. neil earley

neil earley Über Member

Well done on your ride to France ,love the ratcatcher seen a few on YT and look a nice fast bent

hoxtonhopper likes this.
  5. starbug

starbug Regular

I have an ICE Adventure rs trike

Falco Frank and Scoosh like this.
  6. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Moderator

*raises hand*
    Hello. I'm TheDoctor and I've joined the Dark Side! A Pashley PDQ, since you ask.
    Here it is, on the way back from Norfolk.
    IMG_20160305_113346.jpg

7. Sailorsi

Sailorsi Recumbents - Exercise whilst lying down

Exercise whilst lying down, can't beat it. :cheers:

Cycleops and hoxtonhopper like this.
  8. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

@Fnaar

I hear Ms Goodbody also recommends this, but I have no idea what she rides

9. mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves Middle aged bald git.

I used to have one just like yours! ☺

Scoosh likes this.
  10. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine Moderator

It's a small world!

mrandmrspoves and Scoosh like this.
  11. Arellcat

Arellcat Active Member

Another recumbent rider checking in.

I started in about 2003 with a Windcheetah, then added a HP Velo Speedmachine in about 2005. I bought a Lightning P-38 in 2007 and sold the other two (I loved the SpM but had endless knee trouble), then bought a RANS V-Squared a couple of years after that for touring. I now divide my time about equally between my P-38, which I really love to bits, and my carbon Quest velomobile which is fast, comfortable, warm, huge, impractical, and lots of fun.

12. stearman65

stearman65 Well-Known Member

I have a Triaid / Theraplay Tracer!!! What's that you say. It's classed as a motability aid which I bought yesterday & hope to convert to a more user friendly trike with gears & QR wheels.:bicycle: Details will emerge when I'm approved.

Scoosh likes this.
  13. earbyphil

earbyphil Regular

Hello.
    New recumbent rider from the edge of the Yorkshire Dales.
    I purchased a second-hand Performer 700 to try my hand at a new skill.
    It has been a steep learning curve with only slight injuries. I am taking the recumbent to the Netherlands for my holiday as I need some flat land to try some distance trips.

Andrew1971, Smokin Joe and Scoosh like this.
  14. Andrew1971

Andrew1971 Senior Member

@earbyphil where about's of the yorkshire dales are you. i am a northallerton

15. Alex H

Alex H Guru

We Bought a Hase Pino tandem a couple of months ago, so my wife is now a recumbent rider ^_^

P7310286.jpg

Scoosh and Rickshaw Phil like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice