So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoxtonhopper

Über Member
I've been laid back since 1998, when I bought my first bikeE at Bikefix. I upgraded from that bikeE 'AT' model to a bikeE 'RX' a few years later, just before the bikeE corporation folded, and it's still going pretty well.

About four years ago I added to the stable by buying a second-hand Ratcatcher 9, made by Mike Burrows.

Both bikes are great fun to ride, but the latter is an absolute dream, especially on a good road. Mike envisaged it as a fast day bike or weekend tourer, but I have pressed it into service for some longer rides. The furthest I've been on it so far is the south of France and back.

I've been laid back since 1998, when I bought my first bikeE at Bikefix. I upgraded from that bikeE 'AT' model to a bikeE 'RX' a few years later, just before the bikeE corporation folded, and it's still going pretty well.

About four years ago I added to the stable by buying a second-hand Ratcatcher 9, made by Mike Burrows.

Both bikes are great fun to ride, but the latter is an absolute dream, especially on a good road. Mike envisaged it as a fast day bike or weekend tourer, but I have pressed it into service for some longer rides. The furthest I've been on it so far is the south of France and back.
Well done on your ride to France ,love the ratcatcher seen a few on YT and look a nice fast bent

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
*raises hand*
Hello. I'm TheDoctor and I've joined the Dark Side! A Pashley PDQ, since you ask.
Here it is, on the way back from Norfolk.
IMG_20160305_113346.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I used to have one just like yours! ☺
It's a small world!

Arellcat

Another recumbent rider checking in.

I started in about 2003 with a Windcheetah, then added a HP Velo Speedmachine in about 2005. I bought a Lightning P-38 in 2007 and sold the other two (I loved the SpM but had endless knee trouble), then bought a RANS V-Squared a couple of years after that for touring. I now divide my time about equally between my P-38, which I really love to bits, and my carbon Quest velomobile which is fast, comfortable, warm, huge, impractical, and lots of fun.

stearman65

I have a Triaid / Theraplay Tracer!!! What's that you say. It's classed as a motability aid which I bought yesterday & hope to convert to a more user friendly trike with gears & QR wheels.:bicycle: Details will emerge when I'm approved.

earbyphil

Regular
Hello.
New recumbent rider from the edge of the Yorkshire Dales.
I purchased a second-hand Performer 700 to try my hand at a new skill.
It has been a steep learning curve with only slight injuries. I am taking the recumbent to the Netherlands for my holiday as I need some flat land to try some distance trips.

Top Bottom