So I cycled the one-way road that cyclist Claire Hitier-Abadie was killed on (50 second video)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
TMN means the post on the Singletrack forum that claimed to have been a witness and stated that the cyclist undertook a beeping lorry. The investigating police officer posted beneath and begged the poster to get in touch. Instead, the poster edited his post and removed the incriminating stuff. The copper appeared again and stressed that the poster had claimed to be a witness and it was vital that they got in touch and the officer had already wasted enough time on this. Then the thread was pulled.
A strange and horrible story, someone trying to big themselves up by claiming to have witnessed the event and a very pissed-off copper.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm sure 'SteveHunter' also said the cyclist was on the phone and he shouted at her to no avail.

His post on the first page of this thread has been edited, and he removed his avatar which showed a pic of someone.

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=94319

Our member @rualexander took a screen grab of one of Hunter's earlier efforts which appears in post 50 of this thread.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/woman-cyclist-killed-in-victoria-tipper-truck.174839/page-4

Origamist

Legendary Member
I wonder if the seemingly mendacious and indescribably cruel "Steve Hunter" could be traced and charged with perverting the course of justice - wasting police time.

What is odd is that he did not suddenly join the CTC forum to post on the incident when it occurred.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Isn't there a syndrome name for this type of behaviour?

Reminds me of the loony American woman who made a media a career out of losing someone in 9/11 until it emerged she had lost no one.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The lorry driver has coughed the job, so we can be fairly sure what will emerge is that he killed the cyclist by his careless driving.

The witness statement by 'SteveHunter' cannot have stood up, because if it had, the driver may not have been charged, or at the very least he would have been advised to go to trial using Hunter as a big plank of his defence.

Origamist

Legendary Member
In a similar vein to previous concerns about jumping to conclusions, might it be better to wait and see what emerges? As I said earlier, I wonder if the witnesses came forward, but we don't yet know whether they did or not. It's as bad to prejudge someone as a cruel liar as it is to prejudge a dead cyclist as stupid, isn't it?

Well said. If any additional information comes to light and it transpires that the "Steve Hunter" account of events are corroborated, I will retract my comments and apologise.

Origamist

Legendary Member
The lorry driver has coughed the job, so we can be fairly sure what will emerge is that he killed the cyclist by his careless driving.

The witness statement by 'SteveHunter' cannot have stood up, because if it had, the driver may not have been charged, or at the very least he would have been advised to go to trial using Hunter as a big plank of his defence.

That's my interpretation, but let's see.

Top Bottom