So I got this voucher from JTF.......(no such thing as a free breckie)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Wotcha squire. Geezers got no Calcutta on his gratis godforsaken roll. If he wants it the gooseberry puddin wants more bunce. Takin a fakkkin Liberty .

Better me old sunshine

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
You get out of life what you put in. And if you go to the trouble of seeking out free sarnies, using up your valuable time on earth, then things are probably not going to turn out positive.:okay:
In defence.
I didnt seek it out....the voucher was posted through our letter box.
I would not have gone if I didnt want the padlocks.
I rest my case.

In defence.
I didnt seek it out....the voucher was posted through our letter box.
I would not have gone if I didnt want the padlocks.
I rest my case.
Did you not offer to buy the butter?

A free sandwich - all well and good but not to your taste. Free butter (or any sauce I;m guessing) wasn't an option and I can understand that. So did you offer, say, 5p to change something you didn't like into something you did?

byegad

Legendary Member
Point of order, it's a north west thing - you'll not hear anyone ordering a barm on the right side of the Pennines. :laugh:

A mate tells a tale of playing a gig somewhere in the wilds of Lancashire (Bacup or Rawtenstall or some other such hell hole) and stopping at a chip shop on the way home for food. The lad in front of him ordered a "chip barm pea wet" which it seems is something of a local delicacy: a chip butty, with the breadcake dipped in the juices of the mushy peas...

I can beat that, we helped my sister and new husband move to Oldham*. The very wrong side of the Pennines. For a quick lunch break we went to the local chippie where I ordered fish and chips, my sister leapt in to say 'without gravy' and we laughed, thinking it was a joke, but apparently they really do put gravy on fish and chips.‍
When she was expecting my nephew there was serious discussion of her coming into Yorkshire to spare the lad being a Lancastrian.

* We were horrified!

D

Deleted member 26715

They used to be quite good when it was trade only, then the existing management did a buyout & opened it to the masses, it went downhill from there, as somebody put higher up, they are a downmarket B&M

Top Bottom