So its not just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You haven't read the situation properly, It's not mere poor driving, it's a driver who was delighted he had inconvenienced another road user. I doubt it was an action that was going to cause injury unless the cyclist was particularly inattentive, particularly as the cyclist had time to gesticulate!

cast your eyes over the op again, the gesticulation was afterwards, not before.

L

Lockring

tell me what roads you ride on, I'll drive at you and give you a real belly laugh!

I think this is joke, no? Or it is a joke or it is a criminal. Whatever it is funny. i am laughing. but i am not telling the road iride on. you are funny. i am not telling. It will be dangerose if i tell you, because you will drive at me and i will be afraid.

How do you know? Were you in the van with him? Were you in fact the driver if the vehicle? You don't have a clue what he was smiling at and neither does MT.

Do you think smiling is a natural response after placing someone in danger?
How do you know? Were you in the van with him? Were you in fact the driver of the vehicle? You don't have a clue what he was smiling at and neither does MT.

Sure, if you concentrate on what we don't know, it's a different story. So, how about we concentrate on what we do know:

Driver carries out a dangerous maneuver and nearly collides with someone on a bike, then smiles.

Either the driver saw the cyclist, carried out the maneuver anyway, then smiled because he thought it was funny, in which case he's a terrible driver.

Or the driver saw the cyclist, carried out the maneuver anyway, then smiled for an unrelated reason, in which case he's a terrible driver.

Or, the driver didn't even notice the cyclist, smiled anyway for any reason you can think of, in which case he's a terrible driver.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I can see thread bans on the horizon if people continue to post in the way they are doing.
Less of the personal abuse. Address the post, not the person.

Leodis

Veteran
I was a couple of yards back to where the clever cyclist is now and nodder was on the dashed lines about 5 yards ahead of me.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=meanwood road leeds&ll=53.810565,-1.541262&spn=0.003767,0.004823&hnear=Meanwood Rd, Leeds, United Kingdom&gl=uk&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.811364,-1.542173&panoid=uDnNoDEXIhg3Yb9r9-OOZA&cbp=12,322.53,,0,0

Car over takes me and violently overtakes nodder within inches... Horrid to watch

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Do you think smiling is a natural response after placing someone in danger?
You don't know what he was smiling at or when he started smiling
Driver carries out a dangerous maneuver and nearly collides with someone on a bike, then smiles.
As above

Sure, if you concentrate on what we don't know, it's a different story. So, how about we concentrate on what we do know:

Either the driver saw the cyclist, carried out the maneuver anyway, then smiled because he thought it was funny, in which case he's a terrible driver.

Or the driver saw the cyclist, carried out the maneuver anyway, then smiled for an unrelated reason, in which case he's a terrible driver.

Or, the driver didn't even notice the cyclist, smiled anyway for any reason you can think of, in which case he's a terrible driver.
So as I suggested you don't have any idea what the driver may be smiling at, so this
a driver who was delighted he'd nearly seriously hurt someone.
appears to be a rather wild speculation on your part, who would have thought it :ohmy:

The smile is inexplicable, none of us is able to explain it. The terrible driving is beyond question, but the usual suspects turn up to heap abuse on matthew and ignore the terrible driving. How come?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
The smile is inexplicable, none of us is able to explain it. The terrible driving is beyond question, but the usual suspects turn up to heap abuse on matthew and ignore the terrible driving. How come?
So which do you want to talk about the terrible driving or MT? You appear to have changed direction somewhat.
BTW, nice way to threaten another poster.

The thread's about terrible driving, it's not about matthew, stop going on about matthew and discuss the point, and I've threatened nobody, someone said they think it's funny when cyclists have cars driven at them, they've since clarified their position to say it's only funny when it happens to other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom