So many punctures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Very few each year, but loads in my lifetime. Repairing on the road is no longer an issue, in fact I find it quite an enjoyable break in my ride. Except of course when it's dark, or wet or when I'm riding a TT.

Johnno260

Veteran
I always have a piece of cotton wool in my puncture kit, I run it round the inside of the tyre, if it snags you got something in there.

gcogger

I've had 4 punctures in just over a year. I think it's the roads near here, as each time it's been caused by a fine and very sharp sliver of what looks like flint. Unfortunately, I have to use those roads on most rides, as it's the only sensible route away from the house to the north, which is where most of my cycling takes place.

I'd definitely check the rim tape - and it wouldn't hurt to put another layer on, just in case. Old inner tubes make excellent "tape" btw. And +1 for not riding too close to the gutter. About 3 feet away seems to be the sweet spot, but in busy urban areas, I know it's not always possible.

My most used bikes have tyres with puncture protection - duranos on the hybrid and road cruiser+ on the MTB. Although the last puncture I had was me forgetting to tighten that little doodad on a presta valve, and, inevitably, *psssssssssssssssst* :blush:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Ah, but then there's the horrible mess that needs dealing with when one exsanguinates by the roadside... :whistle:
You could always stem the bleeding using a piece of cotton wool...

OP
OP
L

Leemi1982

Yeah I always check the tyre often find thorns and little sharp things in them, must be the roads by me I always tape repair kits and pumps when out.

Top Bottom