So....your Titanium ultimate Bike....... ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
Well maybe not clear but mentioned Sabbath if looking at Spa. The Sabbath frames were much better finished than the Spa ‘own brand’
You didn't come close to saying Spa owns Sabbath. Nevermind though, got better things to do than argue on the internet :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
You didn't come close to saying Spa owns Sabbath. Nevermind though, got better things to do than argue on the internet :smile:
Apologies for being unclear :smile: yes, Sabbath acquired Spa a couple of years ago and they sell the frames. There have been other retailers too but I don’t know if that is still the case. I spoke to a London dealer a year ago maybe and he wasn’t sure if Spa would be the sole distributor for Sabbath frames going forwards. :smile:

Maybe so given this is all that Fatbirds have which is ex display

https://www.fatbirds.co.uk/bikes/sabbath/road-bikes/titanium

Last edited:

fossala

Guru
Apologies for being unclear :smile: yes, Sabbath acquired Spa a couple of years ago and they sell the frames. There have been other retailers too but I don’t know if that is still the case. I spoke to a London dealer a year ago maybe and he wasn’t sure if Spa would be the sole distributor for Sabbath frames going forwards. :smile:

Maybe so given this is all that Fatbirds have which is ex display

https://www.fatbirds.co.uk/bikes/sabbath/road-bikes/titanium
No, Spa acquired Sabbath.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you know if the frames are made by the same factory?
I don't, when I was at Spa, it was a fairly new acquisition and they were in the middle of range change. Email or call them?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I already own my ultimate Ti bike

Custom frame direct from walty bike, 30mm carbon rims, 32mm strada lgg tyres and the piste de resistance

Sram etap hydraulic 1x11............with zipp and fizik finishing kit

Venod

Eh up
Prior to being Sabbath they were called Sunday cycles but had to change their name as (I think) an American company with the same name objected, I had a Sunday frame that cracked, but it was a very thin walled triple butted job, I wasn't the first owner so no guarantee,but they did offer me a good discount on a new frame which they didn't need to do.
I didn't take them up on the offer and as I worked in an industry with a lot of Ti experience I got a mate to weld it, I rode it for a year on fixed and then sold it, I think it is now back on gears, I have posted somewhere about this, I think my Sunday frame was a prototype, the original Sabbath frames looked very nice and better than the first Spa frames but I think Spa have improved, I was in the shop for some spokes a couple of weeks ago and liked the look of the frames and wondered if they had changed manufacturer to Sabbaths (who are now Spa) manufacturer.

greenmark

Guru
I just had a look at Lynskey Ti Sportive frames on CRC:

Including shipping:

- if sent to Hong Kong: £879.99
- if shipped within UK: £1599.99

jiberjaber

Veteran
As someone who's developing an Ti itch, that I cant seem to find a cream for, I'm left pondering what might help fulfil a Ti dream......

So far, I'm liking the look of the J.Laverack R.Jack......but the Kinesis GF Ti looks good too.

Must have's are, Discs, Internal Cabling, a more Polished Ti finish, & a reasonably 'relaxed' Endurance geometry, ( I arent a racing snake).

................ .......

Where's your thoughts ? :smile:

You might want to be looking at the J.ack rather than r.jack if you want the more endurance geo. The look almost identical apart from geo.

I had very good customer experience with Laverack on Friday. Thursday night discovered 2 cracks in my rear Hunt wheel... spoke to them on friday morning and called in on the way up to Yorkshire and fully swapped over the wheel for a new one (full swap of my tubeless and everything) Kept me in the game for MoorGravelForever on Saturday :smile: Plus their new place they are currently fitting out in Oakham has all their bikes available for viewing so you can see the finishes etc. (and test ride around Rutland).

Full Gravel mode:
EupuXhPw_o.jpg

with mud guards:
nAWzuukZ_o.jpg

I've now received the new dynamo fork from Laverack which is fitted but no pics yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom