So....your Titanium ultimate Bike....... ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zak3737

Über Member
As someone who's developing an Ti itch, that I cant seem to find a cream for, I'm left pondering what might help fulfil a Ti dream......

So far, I'm liking the look of the J.Laverack R.Jack......but the Kinesis GF Ti looks good too.

Must have's are, Discs, Internal Cabling, a more Polished Ti finish, & a reasonably 'relaxed' Endurance geometry, ( I arent a racing snake).

Of course, DuraAce or something equally exotic would be fitting, but Ultegra is fairly bulletproof and flawless
Carbon Aero Bars would look fab, bit arent gonna make ME go any faster !
Carbon Aero Wheels " " " " .................................

IF I take the plunge, at some point, this will be a dry weather only beast, sort of like taking the Aston out on a Sunday morning kind of treat, or thats what I'm thinking, although perhaps the famed Ti ride quality will render my Roubaix superfluous .......

Where's your thoughts ? :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
@AlanW for his Kinesis experience

vickster

Legendary Member
As someone who's developing an Ti itch, that I cant seem to find a cream for, I'm left pondering what might help fulfil a Ti dream......

So far, I'm liking the look of the J.Laverack R.Jack......but the Kinesis GF Ti looks good too.

Must have's are, Discs, Internal Cabling, a more Polished Ti finish, & a reasonably 'relaxed' Endurance geometry, ( I arent a racing snake).

Of course, DuraAce or something equally exotic would be fitting, but Ultegra is fairly bulletproof and flawless

IF I take the plunge, at some point, this will be a dry weather only beast, sort of like taking the Aston out on a Sunday morning kind of treat, or thats what I'm thinking, although perhaps the famed Ti ride quality will render my Roubaix superfluous .......

Where's your thoughts ? :smile:
Enigma Etape probably for me. Although the Sabbath AR1 looks good at Spa and only £1200 for frame leaves a lot for Spec. I also really like the J Guillem Orient but the press fit B.B. offputting

This has been asked a couple of times recently if you have a quick search

Eg https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/kinesis-ti-frame-should-i-or-shouldn’t-i.233045/

A trip to Fatbirds in Norfolk a good idea to see / testride lots of Ti options (I’m going on Friday :whistle:)

I was impressed by Enigma at Hailsham and the Reilly guys in Brighton were very informative

Silver wheels only, carbon aero on Ti :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up

Ulterga: Yes just as good but not as light as Dura ace IMO

Carbon Aero Bars: Not on a Ti bike not a classic look IMO.

Carbon Aero Wheels: Not on a Ti bike not a classic look IMO.

My Kinesis GF was faultless all the time I owned it and looked like new when I sold it, but take note of Vicksters referral to @Alan w for his experience, in another thread there was a discussion about short guarantee time for Kinesis.

Don't forget Planet X for value for money Ti.

Soltydog

Legendary Member

That's what I thought with mine, rode back from York last week, caught in several downpours, would I have rather been on my winter/wet weather bike? No way, still enjoy riding my Ti more than anything ^_^ I should have maybe put a raceblade on the rear though & my rear would have stayed drier ^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I wouldn't say Ultegra is fairly bullet proof. I have had a left hand STI and a rear derailleur both go recently.
OK I do more mileage then most in all sorts weathers but I do think it's not as bulletproof as 105.

But if you are going for bling then it's a good choice.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Carbon Aero Wheels: Not on a Ti bike not a classic look IMO.
I dunno... looks smart to me, not classic, but very smart.

upload_2018-5-2_11-45-4.png

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I dunno... looks smart to me, not classic, but very smart.

View attachment 406953
Wheels that make the bike look cheap there :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
I’ll be putting SRAM Rival (possibly Force) and TRP Spyres on mine (can’t bear hydro hoods, huge and fugly) and I like crosslever brakes as I feel I can brake better in traffic.

AlanW

Guru
Don't waste your money on Dura Ace, its simply not worth it IMHO, trust me. Having just spent far to much money on a bike with a full Dura Ace group set, I can speak with experience, the weight saving (ha) just isn't worth the expense and it changes no better than Ultegra either.

Save your dosh and buy more cake :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
I wasn’t very impressed with the weld finishing on the Elan, clearly reflected in the price when the bike is maybe £2k rather than £3k

Very important to check the options out in the metal :smile:

Top Bottom