So, you've just won £148m...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by cloggsy, 14 Aug 2012.

1. Night Train

Night Train Maker of Things

I think Shaun would get something first. :thumbsup:

2. Night Train

Night Train Maker of Things

He doesn't know me so I won't be getting anything. No reason for him to offer.

3. cyberknight

cyberknight As long as I breathe, I attack.

Enough to clear the mortgage + debts would suit me fine :smile:
    Seriously though if i won that amount i could afford some toecutters to keep the media quiet :gun:

4. Risex4

Risex4 Dropped by the autobus

If I won the thick end of 150 mil, tabloid attention would be the least of my concerns!

I think I'd just take the publicity hit, be me usual boring self, and wait for the interest to quickly die out again. There cant be much press milage in "Two years on; millionaire has bought slightly better car, house, had a holiday and is now pottering around spending his days cycling and doing not a lot".

And as for hangers on and surfacers; dance for a grand broke boy.

geo likes this.
  5. Mad Doug Biker

Mad Doug Biker Bikeoholics Anonymous

Another thing is that currently, I am so disconnected from a lot of people that if I were to disappear, then I doubt most would notice for a while anyway. I could make a safe getaway and lie low for a while with only my close family knowing anything about it. Even then I'd probably lie as to exactly where I was! :becool:

6. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this....

This^^^
    And this^^^

I would still like to get my hands dirty and do a hard days work. I drove a van as an owner/driver for 13 years and enjoyed it enormously. Being able to do it without the pressure of earning a living would probably be high up the list of possibilities?

Isn't this what drug dealers have to do? :laugh:

7. Gareth

Gareth Veteran

Well,

My ambitions with a large euro lottery win stretch as far as a 10 acre small holding for us to live on and run and there are 3 local small business where the proprietors are past retirement age but can't afford to sell up and retire ..... I'd buy 'em out but keep them on as part time directors until they were really well and truly ready to retire and hand over the riens. I also have plans to extend my own business' product range, but would reduce my involvement to R&D and pre-production protoype tester only...... now that would be loads of fun.

8. Mad Doug Biker

I'd help a few transport preservation groups, not just restoring certain trains etc, but there are some planes I'd like to help out with like the Tridents preserved or otherwise (there is still a complete one, G-AWZS used for *pretend* fire training that I'd happily buy on the spot for example. One or two VC10s would be nice too!) and also one or two boats, not to mention anything else which tickled my fancy.

With all that money, you could probably build suitable facilities for restoring and displaying them all! Get them under cover et al!

9. Leedsbusdriver

Leedsbusdriver Neither a vice president or executive member

It's an obscene amount of money for one family and no doubt overwhelming for them.Why not make 148 families millionaires instead of giving all the money to one family.

akb, Nearly there and Lisa21 like this.
  10. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I'd post on here and tell you that your pipedreams were all up in smoke! :laugh:

11. I like Skol

Cutting and to the point, just what we expect of you!

12. Davidc

Davidc Guru

Because it's having the big prize that sells the tickets.

Smokin Joe likes this.
  13. I like Skol

'They' just did that didn't they? 100 millionaires in one draw guaranteed?

14. Leedsbusdriver

Leedsbusdriver Neither a vice president or executive member

Yeah but a million quid is still a life changing amount of money.I'm sure more people would buy a ticket if they thought they had a better chance of winning an albeit smaller jackpot.

15. Mad Doug Biker

In all seriousness though, I could probably buy you all a new bike or two! :laugh:

User14044 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice