So, you've just won £148m...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by cloggsy, 14 Aug 2012.

1. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this....

We put on extra in the 100 millionaires draw in the syndicate I am in at work. I think we doubled the entry?

2. Leedsbusdriver

Leedsbusdriver Neither a vice president or executive member

Well they say the lottery is a tax on the stupid:laugh:
    (That was a joke BTW)

Mad Doug Biker likes this.
  3. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this....

Taken as such :thumbsup:

4. You could credit card tour for nearly 3,000 years with that (ignoring inflation and interest).

Alternatively you could tour with all of your friends for the rest of your life. That'd do me. :biggrin:

Dayvo likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    cloggsy

cloggsy Boardmanist

6. Nearly there

Nearly there Über Member

With that kind of money you could hire someone to ride your bike for you :laugh:

7. Archie_tect

Archie_tect De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold

First thing Mrs Bayford wants to do is buy an Audi Q7.... local cyclists better watch out!

User14044 likes this.
  8. Red Light

Red Light Guest

I think we need a 99.5% tax band to redistribute it to the poor. Isn't that the solution usually proposed here to deal with people with money? Interesting that given the thought of having so much money, nearly everyone is talking about how they would horde it away from others, when as someone pointed out, even 0.5% of it would be a life changing amount. But all those good principles seem to have hypothetically gone out the window.

9. Archie_tect

Archie_tect De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold

How much money is too much money?

10. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

I'm acquainted with/know of (I don't 'know' well or am friends with them) someone who won £150k on the lottery. They seemed pretty level headed from what I could tell and that that was somewhere in the right ball park if you get what I mean (for where they were in their life, for others it might be +/-).

11. Theseus

Theseus .

I thought that 99.5% of it was given to them by the poor in the first place.

I wish people would make thier minds up.

Glow worm, summerdays and Night Train like this.
  12. Night Train

Night Train Maker of Things

I don't think the quantity of money is the issue, more the emotional stability of the person who has it.

13. PpPete

PpPete Guru

Be nice to have somewhere to store all the family's bikes...
    4 children x (n+1) makes for a very crowded garage.

14. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

If I won 148 mill I'd go to work, crap on the bosses desk, chuck a fistful of fifties in his face and never work again.

Other than not working, driving a Bentley, wearing panda fur Y fronts and riding a Plutonium plated bike it wouldn't change me one bit.

Seriously though, I'd give to charity, family, friends etc. I'd probably live much as I am now. No castles or Ferraris for me, though a lot more bike riding.

15. yello

yello Legendary Member

I don't think I could spend that amount of money. I reckon I'd run out of ideas well before I got to the half million mark.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice