So, you've just won £148m...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
We put on extra in the 100 millionaires draw in the syndicate I am in at work. I think we doubled the entry?
Well they say the lottery is a tax on the stupid:laugh:
(That was a joke BTW)

I think we need a 99.5% tax band to redistribute it to the poor. Isn't that the solution usually proposed here to deal with people with money? Interesting that given the thought of having so much money, nearly everyone is talking about how they would horde it away from others, when as someone pointed out, even 0.5% of it would be a life changing amount. But all those good principles seem to have hypothetically gone out the window.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
How much money is too much money?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
How much money is too much money?

I'm acquainted with/know of (I don't 'know' well or am friends with them) someone who won £150k on the lottery. They seemed pretty level headed from what I could tell and that that was somewhere in the right ball park if you get what I mean (for where they were in their life, for others it might be +/-).

I think we need a 99.5% tax band to redistribute it to the poor. Isn't that the solution usually proposed here to deal with people with money? Interesting that given the thought of having so much money, nearly everyone is talking about how they would horde it away from others, when as someone pointed out, even 0.5% of it would be a life changing amount. But all those good principles seem to have hypothetically gone out the window.

I thought that 99.5% of it was given to them by the poor in the first place.

I wish people would make thier minds up.

Drago

Legendary Member
If I won 148 mill I'd go to work, crap on the bosses desk, chuck a fistful of fifties in his face and never work again.

Other than not working, driving a Bentley, wearing panda fur Y fronts and riding a Plutonium plated bike it wouldn't change me one bit.

Seriously though, I'd give to charity, family, friends etc. I'd probably live much as I am now. No castles or Ferraris for me, though a lot more bike riding.

yello

I don't think I could spend that amount of money. I reckon I'd run out of ideas well before I got to the half million mark.

Top Bottom