some people ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
... really annoy me.
Some of you might know that I am now working, which is all good. I like the job, but some people are really annoying. Had one man ask if i knew something was, and I said I didn't, so then it went round and round until he asked for my manager, but he stormed off before it.
Some customers are just plain rude I swear! :angry:

Like this in all jobs i guess?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
HTFU Kovu;)
I have it, customers being awkward. One women today wanted a table, that was the only one left, that was scratched and had lots of stuff on(display on it) and when told we couldnt really sell it she moaned and went on. Said she really really needed the table:wacko: We ended up taking everything off it, packing it away for her not to turn up for it.
Then we had a load of kids in which annoyed me, price wrong on till and not being used to it had to get someone out the back to help, then they wanted to pay by cash and credit card, so had to go get someone again. One of them tutted(well sorry i dont know how to work the till properly, but someone that had been there a while didnt know)which annoyed me. Then one of them came back saying because its on the label as £25 and the deal was 2 for £50, he thought it might be cheaper.:biggrin: Felt like telling him to f**k off, i had already changed the price to the right one, and he made me stand up from my chair!!! Bloody terrible
:angry:

PaulB

Legendary Member
The new manager I've got used to be on the same level as me and was a right laugh. Since he got the manager's job three months ago, he's become insufferable. He called me last night at five PM (Friday!) and told me he needed a report by 9am Monday! This will entail at least six hours work. On a weekend! This is purely to make him look good and to throw his weight around. I told him to go forth and multiply and that he had literally zero chance of me doing it. I look forward to seeing what he does on Monday.

bonj2

the one thing that pisses me off in shops is when you ask wehre something is, and they just start looking for it. If you don't know where it is just admit it! I can just wander round looking for it myself!

longers

Legendary Member
Some people aren't happy unless they're having a whinge, moan or are making life difficult for others.

Easier said than done but try not to let them bother you and rejoice in the company of nice people :angry:

bonj2

Joe24 said:
HTFU Kovu;)
I have it, customers being awkward. One women today wanted a table, that was the only one left, that was scratched and had lots of stuff on(display on it) and when told we couldnt really sell it she moaned and went on. Said she really really needed the table:wacko: We ended up taking everything off it, packing it away for her not to turn up for it.
Then we had a load of kids in which annoyed me, price wrong on till and not being used to it had to get someone out the back to help, then they wanted to pay by cash and credit card, so had to go get someone again. One of them tutted(well sorry i dont know how to work the till properly, but someone that had been there a while didnt know)which annoyed me. Then one of them came back saying because its on the label as £25 and the deal was 2 for £50, he thought it might be cheaper.:sad: Felt like telling him to f**k off, i had already changed the price to the right one, and he made me stand up from my chair!!! Bloody terrible
:biggrin:

what do you work in that sells an old table with stuff on it, an antiques shop? :smile: :angry:

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
bonj said:
the one thing that pisses me off in shops is when you ask wehre something is, and they just start looking for it. If you don't know where it is just admit it! I can just wander round looking for it myself!

Yeah but then you get the customers who think that you should know everything abotu the shop and then get pissed off because you don't.

Joe24

bonj said:
what do you work in that sells an old table with stuff on it, an antiques shop? :biggrin: :angry:

Work in Millets. It was a camping table that had been there for agggeesss that have been bashed about, scratched and kicked. Also has loads of stuff put on it, thats probably abit too heavy for it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All jobs are like this - don't get to their level...smile, be professional, then have a right moan later...... work places are so full of politics, folk that will stab you in the back....... you'll learn...... takes some time.... this is just customers....watch out for colleagues..........

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
domtyler said:
Kovu, are you being cheeky to the customers again? :biggrin:

I'm not being cheeky, the customers are! :angry:

Yeah you are right Fossyant, the colleagues are ok, well some of them, some are a bit funny. It could be worse, money at the end of the month after all. :sad:

domtyler

Über Member
The ability to deal with all kinds of people, even challenging people in challenging situations, is a valuable skill that takes time and dedication to learn. Once you can take an angry and screaming customer/client and have them eating out of your hand within minutes you will have arrived. I know you are very good with people already Kovu, as you have proved in your debates on here and at school, you now need to learn how to translate that to the real world.

Joe24

domtyler said:
The ability to deal with all kinds of people, even challenging people in challenging situations, is a valuable skill that takes time and dedication to learn. Once you can take an angry and screaming customer/client and have them eating out of your hand within minutes you will have arrived. I know you are very good with people already Kovu, as you have proved in your debates on here and at school, you now need to learn how to translate that to the real world.

Say to them:
"Look, bugger off, i cant help you, my badge is lieing, i am not here to help, i am only here to get money, i dont have a clue where anything is, i just put things on shelves and get paid little oney for that"

I personally dont get paid much, and for all the work i do sitting around, lieing around, having elastic band fights, and other things that i shouldnt really be doing:wacko:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Joe24 said:
Say to them:
"Look, bugger off, i cant help you, my badge is lieing, i am not here to help, i am only here to get money, i dont have a clue where anything is, i just put things on shelves and get paid little oney for that"

I personally dont get paid much, and for all the work i do sitting around, lieing around, having elastic band fights, and other things that i shouldnt really be doing:wacko:

'Hello Operator....yes, I'd like to get the number for Millets in Nottingham please, I need to speak to the manager.....;)'

Top Bottom