Somerset levels ride

best sundays for you

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
P

peanut

ok just a quick recap on who will hopefully be joining us on the ride
Davidc
Iainj837
GrahamG
Speck
Domino
Speccy1 ?
Giantscr2.0
Rhythmthief and Ms RT
Peanut
10....wow thats a good number
I don't think anyone has been left out but please let us know if I have.

smokie36
johnnyh
Maggot
vorsprung
Cyclenic
Baggy & Chuffy
will all be with us in spirit and hopefully for real on the 31st May;)

That sounds good to me, thanks Nick
Just to warn you all, I haven't ridden on any long rides since Feb so I will be a bit rusty.

Regards Iain

Davidc

Guru
Iainj837 said:
That sounds good to me, thanks Nick
Just to warn you all, I haven't ridden on any long rides since Feb so I will be a bit rusty.

Regards Iain

I haven't for about 10 years, and I've got a slow mtb so compared to me you'll be like greased lightning!

johnnyh

Veteran
just pedal hard and dodge between the rain drops :laugh:

OP
OP
P

peanut

not looked yet. We could be lucky. The weather is very variable round here. A while back I was stranded at home for two days with snow and ice wheras 20 miles away in Taunton at my work they had none at all :biggrin: They didn't believe me until I showed them the photos.

If its really tipping down I suppose it would be pretty miserable . What do you lot think.?

Domino

Veteran
I don't have wet weather gear so I'd probably chicken out if the weathers bad :tongue:. I'll be up for the next one's though.

Davidc

Guru
Latest from the Met Office

"Sunday:
Heavy rain already across Devon and Cornwall will spread northeastwards through the morning, with sunshine and showers following. However by late afternoon the showers will become light and isolated. Windy. Maximum temperature 14 °C.
Updated: 0343 on Sat 16 May 2009"

Perhaps we should start at 6 am instead of 9 am !!!!!!!!! (Or 6pm?)

More seriously though most of us think heavy rain isn't much fun on a bike, so with that forecast if we see the weather deteriorating we can always cut things short and head back early if we need to. There are shorter routes back into Taunton than the one we're taking if necessary.

Domino said:
I don't have wet weather gear so I'd probably chicken out if the weathers bad :biggrin:. I'll be up for the next one's though.

I don't have wet weather gear either :biggrin:

David if you started @ 6pm I'd be @work and I am working on the 31st so I wouldn't be able to do the next one

Top Bottom