Soup maker anyone ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have one and use it all winter for soup and half the summer for smoothies. Morphy Richards thing. I have had it for around 3 years and it works very hard. I do stews in it too,
I currently have a curried chicken (leftovers) and veg soup on the go :smile:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
We have one, Missus does all the cooking so not sure what goes in it but it's always veggie as she doesn't eat meat.

Only criticism is it comes out fully blended so it's like baby food and I prefer more lumps in mine.

I have a worktop kitchen blender rather than a stick one but the idea is the same... just don't blend all the soup. Reserve about a third of it, blend the rest, add the chunky remainder at the end. I tend to pulse the result just for a second as I don't like huge chunks, but I agree a bit of texture is nice.

Root vegetables sweated with curry paste or powder then simmered with chicken stock makes an amazing soup. My other favourite is roasted red pepper (pic below).

20200906_145051.jpg

20200906_131002.jpg

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
All I need for soup is a tin opener.

Which is not an entirely flippant remark.

Soups from the likes of Campbell's and Baxter contain good ingredients, and are an excellent base to add to for that authentic home cooked taste.
True!
But it’s hard to make the cans out Of leftovers....

Chris S

Legendary Member
My aunt has bought a soup maker. She's really pleased with it and she's not easily impressed. I've yet to see it though because of lockdown.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We have a soup maker - it's good. Quite handy. Bung everything in, it then 'cooks' it then blends and then keeps it warm for an hour. Do not overfill it or it gets messy. Also handy as a big blender !

My wife did soup in it the other day, and as it was busy cooking, the little lid (where you can add more) was lifting as the soup was near the top. I said you better take some out as that's way over the 'max fill' - otherwise it will be all over the kitchen. I made a fast exit in-case it started the blend process. :wacko::laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
Ah hum we have two.Daughter who is still with us no job yet,after being let go by Boots after Xmas.They are very good she also makes bread,no not in the soup thing.

numbnuts

Legendary Member

Whats not to like :cuppa:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I use a soup maker all the time now. Easier than a pan and the soup can be smooth or chunky.
I just chop a bit and chuck in whatever comes handy.

With our (virus affected) appetites I am thinking 'soups'.
Aldi have one on their specials for £35.00 which seems to do all the options.
So.........
Who uses one?
How often?
Any recipes?
etc.

I didnt use any machines just a recipe from the Hairy bikers new veggie book for winter vegetable soup with dumplings oh my goodness it was to die for, i made enough for three helpings ate two on the first day and the third the next day, i couldnt source and raw beets but otherwise followed it to the letter https://vegpower.org.uk/recipes/the-hairy-bikers-winter-vegetable-soup/

Top Bottom