Soup maker anyone ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
With our (virus affected) appetites I am thinking 'soups'.
Aldi have one on their specials for £35.00 which seems to do all the options.
So.........
Who uses one?
How often?
Any recipes?
etc.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Whilst it's not a kings ransom, all you need is a stick blender (or jug blender) and a saucepan to make soup (and I lurve kitchen gadgets)....

The Bystander

Über Member
Another vote for the pan and stick blender method here.
Another vote for carrot and parsnip too, just loaded the freezer with a batch.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Mrs SD has a soup maker,its currently on at the moment, carrot & corriander. She loves it, appartently a lot less hassle than a pan & blender. Just chuck everything in & 20 mins later your soup is ready :okay:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
All I need for soup is a tin opener.

Which is not an entirely flippant remark.

Soups from the likes of Campbell's and Baxter contain good ingredients, and are an excellent base to add to for that authentic home cooked taste.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
We have one and we have a blender. I like the soup maker, chuck everything in and switch on ! Carrot and corriander :okay: . I think it will be fine for all veg soups etc. We made our Stilton soup in it and CHristmas. I`m also now on the prowl for new slow cooker, one with a timer etc. ALDI do have one this week I think !

We have one, Missus does all the cooking so not sure what goes in it but it's always veggie as she doesn't eat meat.

Only criticism is it comes out fully blended so it's like baby food and I prefer more lumps in mine.

As for needing one, of course you don't but do you really need an automatic washing machine or a vacuum cleaner? people got by before they were invented.

Just easier.

Top Bottom