Spa cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sir adrian dangerous

sir adrian dangerous

Über Member
Got to swing the purchase by the wife first and after I've had an ear bashing for wanting yet another bike, I'll nip up for a look.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Another Spa Elan owner (double with 105 hydraulic brakes & their own handbuilt wheel upgrade). Definitely go for the Ti seatpost option - don't know if it does anything comfort wise, but it looks good

vickster

Legendary Member
Ti seatpost collar too & go the full hog ^_^
My Spa had a silver seatpost collar (not Ti) which looked good but was crap and led to slippage and nasty scratches on Ti seatpost. Replaced by Spa with a much better black collar and a new seatpost! Best to avoid the silver collar ime!!

lane

Veteran
I had spa build wheels on H Plus Son Hydra rims which are disk specific and very nice. I didn' have the Ti seatpost despite thier recommendations because I felt I had to draw the line somewhere!

vickster

Legendary Member
I had handbuilts but Kinlin rims. The wheel builder there didn’t rate the H Sons when I discussed and I wasn’t keen on the look either

geocycle

Legendary Member
The elan is a great looking bike. I test rode one but ended up buying the Ti audax. Really enjoying riding it except not sure about the Tange headset.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Ti seatpost collar too & go the full hog ^_^
Did that as well. Also Ti spacers on the stem (from Van Nicholas as they were on offer)

fatjel

Veteran
I have a steel audax 105 double , ultegra /open pro handbuilts
Great bike has done 7000+ km now without a problem
Could maybe use a chain and cassette one day soon

Top Bottom