SPD Shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Tripster

Black footwear and clothing is absolutely fine.
the blue shoes you posted are firmly in the disco slipper camp, they look slightly sparkly :laugh:

ref Sidi, you can get wide fitting ones (max?) although I found they didn’t work with my wide, high arched, high instepped feet, they dug in to the top of my foot!
Following your advice in threads of free returns, ordered the disco shoes from wiggle but the wrap around style makes getting my feet in awkward. Returning them both today and picked a selection of Northwave, Sidi, in varying sizes to try on at home. Lockdown makes this thing a pain but at least it’s easy returns from village shop too

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Well I can vouch for the fizik and Northwave both been wide and looking smart. Which to choose ?? Assuming both fit. The northwave uppers feel soft and very well made. Minimal grip underfoot. Fizik well made too. Both look good shoes. Great suggestions earlier in thread from @cyberknight & @si_c
90FEB543-5461-4CE1-B3F4-3F0A3F0D45AD.jpeg
47BEF754-6970-41D0-8C59-C20BC5E75914.jpeg
FE5EEC72-2A9B-45EC-8D8E-DD0C716AEA9B.jpeg

vickster

Legendary Member
Aesthetically I prefer the look of the Fizik...however, put them on and walk around the house for a bit on carpet, only way to tell if shoes are actually comfortable IMO

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Bont are super wide already so i'd be surprised if they offer a wider version, I also have wide feet and so far both pairs I've bought have been awesome even without heat moulding, i went for 45 in these as the 44.5 of my other pair was very close to big toe touching, FYI these shoes are extremely stiff which if you're not used to it can feel a bit weird at first, so far no issues and i get the feeling they offer better power through the pedal stroke as a result.
Shifted reply my thread so not to hijack Anonymous thread......
Ordered some bont riot to try. Emailed bont for a bit of advice around sizing and they suggest Double Wide 😱 seems they do a standard fit and wide fit..... if these are good but just narrow I will look for some Double wides as wiggles are standard. Will see today. Thanks for feedback again👍

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Aesthetically I prefer the look of the Fizik...however, put them on and walk around the house for a bit on carpet, only way to tell if shoes are actually comfortable IMO
The fizik fit the best, maybe a touch long but the smaller size was too narrow. Shape of sole was comfy to. Much harder than my giro. Northwave dug in to ankle as its a wrap around and felt uncomfy. Surprised it felt cramped in toe box even the larger size.
Bonts arrive today to try. Odd sizing saying my foot length is 10.5 but usually a 12 so ordered 3 sizes to test. Inquired with Bont and they recommend DW- double wide 😱 flippers then.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

The bont riot arrived and no wider than the Fizik :wacko: good job I didn’t follow the Bont online and email advice of size. They suggested 10.5 Euro 45 for my flippers. My toes hung over the end of insole and wouldn’t get in the shoe. The 47 fits, correct length but not any wider. I would need the double wide version. Nowhere gives this option other than Bont direct

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Get some Lake 'wide fit' if they're too tight.
Thats my next step then pretty much tried all. Cinderella ain’t got a hoof like mine ( foot, not the other hoof)

Thats my next step then pretty much tried all. Cinderella ain’t got a hoof like mine ( foot, not the other hoof)
The measurement guide on Lake's website is pretty accurate, I'm only a size 8/42 and length according to their website matched up but even the wide fitting was too narrow by a few MM so I went up to a 9/43 anyway and they're spot on.

I think some of the models only come in full sizes.

I can send you the boxes mine came in if you like as by the sound of it your feet are mahoosive!

OP
OP
T

Tripster

The measurement guide on Lake's website is pretty accurate, I'm only a size 8/42 and length according to their website matched up but even the wide fitting was too narrow by a few MM so I went up to a 9/43 anyway and they're spot on.

I think some of the models only come in full sizes.

I can send you the boxes mine came in if you like as by the sound of it your feet are mahoosive!
:laugh: Honestly I put these Bonts on from wiggle and my little toe hangs over edge of insole. When I emailed Bont they told me I needed a DW- Double width. My wife has gone to work pissing herself calling me fat foot. I wear Inov8 running shoes which are width fit 4 so really wide and they are fine. Anything narrow and I am screwed. Looks like it’s a case of paying more because I can’t get into the sale/cheaper/standard fit and feel comfy on bike. Emailed Salty dog for advice as they are a Lakes dealer

OP
OP
T

Tripster

You may not want to spend £200ish but Sidi have their mega fit eg
https://uk.ciclimattio.com/s/sidi/m...IplqbpUvCKmu7qSEmTTe32d4UMReXKxhoCxrwQAvD_BwE
Or cheaper option, wiggle have one pair of 47 apparently
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/sidi-trace-2-mega-mtb-cycling-shoes?
Good shout them, no stock of the 47 or 48 I would need but will check internet for similar. It looks like I will have to pay more than I wanted to. I didn’t realise the mega in sidi was for wider, should read more, be good to find out what width they are.

Top Bottom