Specialized Recall notice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossjevans

I am assuming the forks pictured are the same being used as replacements across all models?

I spoke to Specialized directly about this yesterday and their response wasn't brilliant. They don't seem to have a fixed policy in place on resolution which means some customers may get different offers to others.

They mentioned that the mismatch with the new forks is mostly happening on the women's bikes and hence they are most likely to offer the refunds/exchanges on those models.

Would be interested to see pictures of any Tricross's with the new forks.

FFCFC

I can confirm these forks are swapped out on the Vita Comp too and don't match. The LBS have agreed to swap the 2011 for the higher spec 2012 Vita Comp.

Different forks are added to the Tricross and they are a very poor match (can post pictures if anyone is interested) and Specialized have confirmed I am entited to a full refund. Now looking at a Cannondale SuperX or CAADX 2011 or 2012 models. Anyone have any experience of these bikes?

PK99

Legendary Member
Hi

I bought a Tricross Comp 2011 about 3 months ago and have just had the forks replaced but they are a very poor match and I am not impressed! Why did Specialized not at least finish the forks in white or black gloss instead of dark grey matt?

The new Tricross 2012 models are a step backwards in terms of spec and I don't want disc brakes that add unnecessary weight and maintenance issues. My question therefore is has anyone actually managed to get a refund from Specialized? This seems to be the only satisfactory option for me?

Sam

I got a full no quibbles refund from my LBS - i and my club do put a lot of business their way

AhThisFeckinThing

Different forks are added to the Tricross and they are a very poor match (can post pictures if anyone is interested) and Specialized have confirmed I am entited to a full refund. Now looking at a Cannondale SuperX or CAADX 2011 or 2012 models. Anyone have any experience of these bikes?

Pictures would be good, my Tricross getting done this week, but if rubbish I too will be looking at the Cannondale. My only problem is I really need a bike with holes in the back to hold my rack

gillelive

I am assuming the forks pictured are the same being used as replacements across all models?

I spoke to Specialized directly about this yesterday and their response wasn't brilliant. They don't seem to have a fixed policy in place on resolution which means some customers may get different offers to others.

They mentioned that the mismatch with the new forks is mostly happening on the women's bikes and hence they are most likely to offer the refunds/exchanges on those models.

Would be interested to see pictures of any Tricross's with the new forks.

I know the Sirrus forks are not the same across the range. I have the comp and my lbs fitted (in error) the forks for the sport model, these had a high gloss finish and carbon effect wrap. They have since been replaced with the forks in the pictures I posted, matt black carbon and match the rest of the pintwork. I am not sure about the rest of the Spec range.

FFCFC

IMG_5914.JPG IMG_5914.JPG
Pictures would be good, my Tricross getting done this week, but if rubbish I too will be looking at the Cannondale. My only problem is I really need a bike with holes in the back to hold my rack

Hope these show the matt colour of the forks against the previous black and white gloss forks. Let me know if you would like any other pictures.

IMG_5915.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

scratch2

Gillelive / Damaged hero,

Thanks for your replies, what model year are your bikes 2010, 2011 or?? and are they both Sirrus Comp?

Andrew.

AhThisFeckinThing

[attachment=5343:blush:MG_5914.JPG][attachment=5343:blush:MG_5914.JPG]

Hope these show the matt colour of the forks against the previous black and white gloss forks. Let me know if you would like any other pictures.

Thanks for that, I see nothing that would put me off......we shall see....

DougieAB

Getting the messages
My wife was given a brand new Vita Elite from Dales Cycles in Glasgow because they could not provide front forks the same colour (white) to match her old 2011 bike. Result

AhThisFeckinThing

Got my forks done, they look fine. Got an added bonus of rack holes for carrying any front panniers. No vouchers though. At least its done.

Mike!

Guru
Dropped my sirrus in to have this swap yesterday, they currently have 3 bikes that have been waiting 3 weeks for forks from Specialized :sad:

Looks like i may be without my commuter for a little while yet....

Top Bottom