Speedy Ride for food-Olympic RoadRace Route-Sat 10th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Big thanks to Abs and Ian for organising and marshalling us today. Thoroughly enjoyed it, even if some of the roads were a little busy. A good turn out as well - about 20 I think - one of the best for theses 'rides for food'.

Seconded.

A big thanks to Abs Ian, Dave and another sprinter who ensured we didnt get to lost...

Great company and did about 112 miles having got in about 20 minutes ago (Ish)

Sipping tea!

Adrian

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Topcat stopped by and said hello to me, much appreciated!!!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Back, having made the next Pompey train in plenty of time. My mileage for today is a mere 81 or so. Not exactly bothered, as I did 1.7 centuries on the Martlets FNRttC :smile: User's weather forecasting skills are worse than Simon's cat...thankfully it was (mostly) fine weather for it. Tried to rain for about five minutes, barely got damp. I'm sure the ride was more enjoyable and entertaining than the rugby...!! Not quite sure what happened in Richmond/Putney, but no harm done, everyone got back to HPC OK.
Thanks riding buds old and new. Ess did really well, and Rozz certainly has a mean turn of speed (though you won't be surprised I'm unconvinced cutting out carbs during exercise is a good idea!). Hope the fantastic turn-out (last minute quitters absentees notwithstanding) continues.
See you all soon hopefully.

I think User's weather predictions had something to do with the 2 bottles of wine he drank last night!

At least I was honest about my reasons for absence . . . ;-)

I ended up doing 15 miles, including a clipless moment (which was better than the collision I was avoiding), then hit the Roebuck in Richmond for a cheeky couple of pints with Luke and User. Feeling much better now :-)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I think User's weather predictions had something to do with the 2 bottles of wine he drank last night!

At least I was honest about my reasons for absence . . . ;-)

I ended up doing 15 miles, including a clipless moment (which was better than the collision I was avoiding), then hit the Roebuck in Richmond for a cheeky couple of pints with Luke and User. Feeling much better now :-)

Indeed you were honest. Good pub, btw, isn't it?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Seconded.

A big thanks to Abs Ian, Dave and another sprinter who ensured we didnt get to lost...

Great company and did about 112 miles having got in about 20 minutes ago (Ish)

Sipping tea!

Adrian

Is that me or should I start feeling hurt??
rolleyes.gif

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Myself and Andy are back , washed and fed. Just over 104 miles after a few laps of Regent's Park. I'll post more layer but first Dr Who. :biggrin:

I think I did just over 90 miles in the end.

Cracking day out, although I didn't need to take the waterproof which was a double whammy as I couldn't find my Montane thingie which takes up far less space than the jacket I'd brought.

There was a nice bit of sun so User really missed out.

Well done everyone and thanks for the company.

Here's a few photos of people enjoying themselves:-

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

Except when they're waiting for food......

IMG_0882.jpg

All of the photos can be seen here

Top Bottom