Sport chat - really boring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Do you have a television?
Probably, but he also has inner peace & tranquility and a purpose in life.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Probably, but he also has inner peace & tranquility and a purpose in life.

With that much assuming you would prosper in the current affairs section.

Seems odd to me that anyone would be so blinkered as to be amazed to find another person who is not interested in team sports.

Football, rugby, and cricket have millions of followers, but I come across people all the time who don't follow those sports.

But I also have a television.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Never got my head round watching 22 blokes in shorts, But hey ho. But i do know a guy who cannot talk about anything else, thankfully we do not see much of him, he will try and bring football into any conversation, it's always we did this we did that, does not matter how many times i tell him he did nothing, it goes in one ear and out the other.:wacko:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Never got my head round watching 22 blokes in shorts, But hey ho. But i do know a guy who cannot talk about anything else, thankfully we do not see much of him, he will try and bring football into any conversation, it's always we did this we did that, does not matter how many times i tell him he did nothing, it goes in one ear and out the other.:wacko:
It's better than the bores who try to work Brexit into every conversation, no mater what the subject.

PapaZita

Guru
The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Despite having no interest or knowledge of any sports... I always join in with enthusiasm with footy-chat at work.

"Did you see it when he kicked that ball in the net... it was amazing! The crowd went bonkers! And that pass, he kicked the ball to another player... never seen owt like it!"

Footy chat doesn't last very long when I'm around ^_^

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I have little knowledge of or interest in sport. When a friend was talking about Alistair Cooke, I first thought that I hadn't taken him for a long term Radio 4 fan then I found he was talking about a cricketer. Conversely, my friend had never listened to Letters From America.

I've been a bit bemused by the headline coverage of the death of the US basketball player. All very sad for his family, of course, but I've never heard of him.

Reactions: C R

gbb

Legendary Member
To me this is just another example of a failure to understand some people have a deep like, love, interest in something you dont...and then some try to demean them, some even suggest it should be banned...what the heck is wrong with people ? We're seeing this in many forms .
I'm no footie fanatic, I barely, loosely follow a team but still listen to discussions from folk infinately more knowledgeable than me, I might even offer a word but generally I just listen...same as I take the time to listen to various subjects I have little knowledge or interest in, if, the big if, it goes too far you just distance yourself a little.
You're supposed to get more crochety as you get older, I find myself being more zen, more relaxed, more understanding. This forum needs some positive stuff to talk about :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
I've been a bit bemused by the headline coverage of the death of the US basketball player. All very sad for his family, of course, but I've never heard of him.
I’d heard the name but I couldn’t have said for sure which of the American sports he (had) played.
At least it’s distracted the news programmers from the dreaded B :unsure:

Top Bottom