Stan'ing your tyres to tubeless - easy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Evil Rabbit

Is it easy to 'Stan' (seal, to make tubeless) your tyres ?

Does it work on road tyres, as well as MTB tyres - am thinking of my 35mm cyclo-cross tyres (which will be mainly used for commuting, but over rough ground/gravel canal paths)

Is it easy to 'Stan' (seal, to make tubeless) your tyres ?

Does it work on road tyres, as well as MTB tyres - am thinking of my 35mm cyclo-cross tyres (which will be mainly used for commuting, but over rough ground/gravel canal paths)

No idea, what do you do when you get a p'ture :?:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
You can fix with a regular tube, if you get one.

There is a Stan's kit for 'cross tyres, thinking of trying it myself but haven't got around to it yet.

LizardEye

I used stans on my MTB for about a year.

Dead easy to do. Unscrew the valve core (tool from Halfords and elsewhere), tip the right amount of
fluid in with a funnel, spin the wheel a bit to spread it round, replace valve, inflate and off you go.

My p***ture rate went from one a week to ...well never!

If I did go over anything I'd see a brief spray from the tyre as the fluid came through, wait literally a
minute for it to seal then carry on riding.

Dont see why it wouldn't work with road tyres. Only issue will be the valves. If you have Presta then you
can't take out the valve core so won't be able to ge the fluid in.

That's why I stopped using it as my new wheels have presta valves.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
There are some remarkable videos on YouTube (so remarkable that I want to post FAKE! underneath) where some guy repeatedly rides over, basically, a bed of nails.

I have prestas on my 'crosser. Although I haven't converted it yet I am intending to pull back the tyre and dribble the goo in direct, not through the valve.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Dont see why it wouldn't work with road tyres. Only issue will be the valves. If you have Presta then you
can't take out the valve core so won't be able to ge the fluid in.

That's why I stopped using it as my new wheels have presta valves.

You can buy presta valve tubes with removable cores so you can insert the gooooooooo.

Top Bottom