Starting a weight loss diet tomorrow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
I got a bit too fat last year :sad:

When I came out of hospital after my near death experience just over a year ago, I was really skinny. I was slim when I became ill and lost alot of weight during my hospital admission.

As I got better I set to work on regaining the weight, unfortunately I didn't stop once I'd regained the weight! Being off work sick for six months didn't help.

At the minute I'm about a stone and a half out of my comfort zone.

Anyway, tomorows the day to get back on track, nothing drastic - just cutting out the crap, being sensible with the portions. I may need a bit of moral support along the way!

Of course, I'm having pizza tonight - last night of freedon and all that! :hungry:

Lullabelle

Banana
Tonight is my last day too. I wish you luck, if you find it hard and need support you know where I am :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Best of luck, will power and plenty of cycling should see you through...
at the moment I need to shed a few pounds as well. trying hard not to put weight on now I am on steroids permanently!
Arrrgggh. Steroids make managing your weight very difficult, do they make you ravenous all the time?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I reckon i put half a stone on over x mas and we still have boxes of chocs to eat :sad:
ATM i am just trying to get on the bike and get some fitness back after a close to 3 week lay off the bike over xmas /new year then i will worry about weight once i start racking the miles up .

Arrrgggh. Steroids make managing your weight very difficult, do they make you ravenous all the time?
I only seem to get hungry about half an hour before my meals, but that probably has something to do with when I take them (8am, 12pm, 4pm)... but at the moment the amount of cycling I am doing (atm) is countering the extra food and I know I have to be very careful, but one of the disadvantages of being allergic to dairy also works out as an advantage - no chocolate... :sad: :smile: :laugh: so I didn't put any weight on over Christmas!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

That's what happened to my endearing mother.

Never any weight problems, then she was put on steroids and a couple of stone quickly followed.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I lost two pounds over Christmas and put six and a half pounds on last weekend at the Straw Bear festival. Any further trials and tribulations in my laughable weightloss campaign will be shared in the weight loss thread over in the Health Fitness and Training. There's a nearly infinite capacity to bore you all as I'm aiming to lose eight stone. I might be there some time :thumbsup:

That's what happened to my endearing mother.

Never any weight problems, then she was put on steroids and a couple of stone quickly followed.
I guess in that sense I am lucky because the steroids actually allow me to continue with what is for me, my normal level of activity and that is often higher than the calories I take in! In this case I am on hydrocortisone rather than prednisolone so hoping it won't be as bad!

Top Bottom