Starting a weight loss diet tomorrow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
The weight loss thread already exists and is over in the Health, Fitness and Training forum.
How many what bike, light, saddle, pedal, I've quit smoking......... threads do we enjoy. Maybe post a link to each on both & let people choose for themselves or hit report & let the mods decide if they need merging?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'm not bothered about weight loss, I was agreeing with the no weighing comment and suggesting a continual healthy lifestyle motivation thread instead!

I think that you'll find that's contained within the weight loss thread or the Fitness, Health and Training forum.

You're right about feeling better, I always feel alot more lively when I cut the rubbish out. Not sure about the weight chart though. I think I might feel motivated to see the little arrow move along the chart.
What if the arrow does not go where you would like it to go?
Normal living healthy persons weight can fluctuate during the day. If you do not drink enough, become dehydrated, you will not have any symptoms till you loose about 3% of the body weight. Daily weight is important in intensive care units when we are in total control of your intake etc. It does not make any sense at all to take your weight daily. If you must, you may take your weight once a week. Then preferably take it as the first thing in the morning.

sazzaa

Sorry to hear that, I've a number of friends who experienced similar problems.

I'm over it now but it makes me want to warn people of the risks of counting calories and weighing themselves... I might sound daft but I'm all too aware it can happen to the most unlikely of people. They're just numbers and when one "bad" number ruins your day it's a horrible feeling, please don't place too much importance on them. My main aim at the moment is to try and eat loads of veg with main meals and get out on the bike more... Would quite like to get back to trail running too.

Also, you realise there are healthy options for pizza, yeah? My mate did one with a cauliflower base the other day, it actually looked fab!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
How many what bike, light, saddle, pedal, I've quit smoking......... threads do we enjoy. Maybe post a link to each on both & let people choose for themselves or hit report & let the mods decide if they need merging?

Diet and smoking are binary states and can easily be dispensed with: don't buy or smoke fags and eat less move more.

Bikes, lights, saddles and pedals have infinite permutations and deserve infinite threads. :thumbsup:

I have if, you've taken the time to read my stopped smoking thread, incorporated advice to go elsewhere in the Health, Fitness and Training Thread. I only wanted congratulations and back slapping and not a strings of mitigating circumstances that make quitting difficult. I'll be posting no more on smoking because I've quit. I'll not be posting on weight loss because it won't happen in an interesting way.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
What if the arrow does not go where you would like it to go?
Normal living healthy persons weight can fluctuate during the day. If you do not drink enough, become dehydrated, you will not have any symptoms till you loose about 3% of the body weight. Daily weight is important in intensive care units when we are in total control of your intake etc. It does not make any sense at all to take your weight daily. If you must, you may take your weight once a week. Then preferably take it as the first thing in the morning.
Do you work in ICU? I changed jobs last year after 15 years as an ICU nurse.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Diet and smoking are binary states and can easily be dispensed with: don't buy or smoke fags and eat less move more.

Bikes, lights, saddles and pedals have infinite permutations and deserve infinite threads. :thumbsup:

I have if, you've taken the time to read my stopped smoking thread, incorporated advice to go elsewhere in the Health, Fitness and Training Thread. I only wanted congratulations and back slapping and not a strings of mitigating circumstances that make quitting difficult. I'll be posting no more on smoking because I've quit. I'll not be posting on weight loss because it won't happen in an interesting way.

I haven't but noticed it in new posts with at least 2 very similar threads on the same page. The nature of forums eh.

I hope your not smoking continues apace nearly as much for the rest of us as yourself, it hasn't made you a little ray of sunshine on here recently.

sazzaa

That looks nice. Have you tried it? The though of cauliflower crust is putting me off, though I have in the past used cauliflower to bulk up both mashed potato and rice.

Nope, was going to make it some time this week. A chum made it and said it was lovely (and she's not a veg person).

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
[QUOTE 2881095, member: 9609"]I should join you I have been piling on the pounds, I am hill fit and in shape at 12st10, it went over 13st by mid december, then I had two weeks beach hols over xmas where I eat and drank myself into oblivion, have kept the boozing and gluttony up since I got back home and I have just weighed in at a whopping 14st 1 I'm turning into one fat b******. And I'm just about to head up to the supermarket for another 4 pints of stella. and a pudding

May be tomorrow I will start behaving myself and miss out a few meals.[/quote]
No, don't starve yourself.

I'm a bit of a bugger for snacking on crisps, buttery toast, chips, pancakes and chocolate (even though I do't really like chocolate that much!). My cunning plan is to reduce the amount of snacking and change to snacking on fruit, fat free fat yogurts etc and to plan ahead and making healthy nutritous meals in advance.instead of bunging a pizza etc in the oven or getting take away.

I've done a bit of plannning ahead, today I've made a big batch of soup and also a big batch of chilli.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
My cunning plan is to reduce the amount of snacking and change to snacking on fruit, fat free fat yogurts etc and to plan ahead and making healthy nutritous meals in advance.instead of bunging a pizza etc in the oven or getting take away.

I've done a bit of plannning ahead, today I've made a big batch of soup and also a big batch of chilli.
That's what I ended up doing - not snacking was a disaster. Raw carrots, cucumber, celery etc also make good snack alternatives. I also tried dried fruits but they contain waaaay too much sugar and I like them too much. :blush: This week, I'm trying something new (for me) re: yoghurts and am using fresh fruit like bananas, raspberries etc mixed in with Greek yoghurt as it doesn't contain any processed "stuff" unlike the fat free yoghurts.

I also reduced the amount of bread and pasta I eat.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
For the first time ever, I have looked at my weight and thought it was a bit high. Always used to hover around 12 stone, but a Summer of rest, boredom and no exercise has seen me get to near 13.5 stone! According to the charts at work, I'm 'over-weight' and need to be losing 12kg. I'll wait until the Christmas goodies are all gone then have a go, honest....

Top Bottom