Starting a weight loss diet tomorrow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I reckon i put half a stone on over x mas and we still have boxes of chocs to eat :sad:
ATM i am just trying to get on the bike and get some fitness back after a close to 3 week lay off the bike over xmas /new year then i will worry about weight once i start racking the miles up .
Similar story to mine that one CK, unfortunately I already had a couple of stone to lose, I now have 2.5 :rolleyes:

Good luck Sarah, I'm sure it will start to come off once the 'crap' is cut out :thumbsup:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Go for it Sara. I weighed myself this morning and am at my lowest since about 2006/7. It's totally worth the effort required to change one's eating habits.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I am also cutting out the rubbish (mostly), I weigh on Wednesday mornings. Today has gone a bit astray though :whistle:
Oh good. Anoher diet partner.

I've just been setting up a weight loss ticker on My Fitness Pal. Don't know exactly how much I weigh yet, so will put ticker on when I've got weighed in the morning.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Go for it Sara. I weighed myself this morning and am at my lowest since about 2006/7. It's totally worth the effort required to change one's eating habits.
Thing is, I don't know if i's my imagination, but my hips feel a bit creeky. Am wondering if its because of all the extra lard I'm carting about!

Hi Sara, you are going to succeed because you are not going on a specific diet. You are just going to eat healthy.
We know that you take regular exercise by way of cycling.
My only advice is that please do not chart your weight. Just follow healthy eating and regular exercise and you will naturally feel better.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Hi Sara, you are going to succeed because you are not going on a specific diet. You are just going to eat healthy.
We know that you take regular exercise by way of cycling.
My only advice is that please do not chart your weight. Just follow healthy eating and regular exercise and you will naturally feel better.
You're right about feeling better, I always feel alot more lively when I cut the rubbish out. Not sure about the weight chart though. I think I might feel motivated to see the little arrow move along the chart.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
You're right about feeling better, I always feel alot more lively when I cut the rubbish out. Not sure about the weight chart though. I think I might feel motivated to see the little arrow move along the chart.
I need that kind of motivation as well otherwise I find I become a bit too complacent, which is when it goes a bit wrong.

sazzaa

Have to agree with this, I ended up in hospital years ago because the scales/numbers became far too important/addictive. But if this is simply a healthy living motivation type thread then I'm in :smile:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Have to agree with this, I ended up in hospital years ago because the scales/numbers became far too important/addictive. But if this is simply a healthy living motivation type thread then I'm in :smile:

The weight loss thread already exists and is over in the Health, Fitness and Training forum.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
yeah, count me in. I've spent a couple of years cycling less intensely but fuelling just the same as before. Things have gotta change & sadly it ain't going to be harder cycling for a while yet.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Sorry to hear that, I've a number of friends who experienced similar problems. If I'm honest, I've been a bit of a yo yo dieter ever since I was a teenager.

sazzaa

The weight loss thread already exists and is over in the Health, Fitness and Training forum.

I'm not bothered about weight loss, I was agreeing with the no weighing comment and suggesting a continual healthy lifestyle motivation thread instead!

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
yeah, count me in. I've spent a couple of years cycling less intensely but fuelling just the same as before. Things have gotta change & sadly it ain't going to be harder cycling for a while yet.
I don't ride as much as I should - I tend to only ride for transport. Don't really ride for leisure/exersize as such (apart from when I go off on a little tour). I've just signed up to a couple of rides led by the local CTC as I'd like to get into leisure riding more.

Top Bottom