Steep hills.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheffgirl

I have yet to conquer the steep hill on my way home in one try :sad:
Fortunately it's flat at the bottom so I use that part to get into a low gear, then just pedal steadily and try to get as far as I can before giving up and stopping. I find counting to ten over and over helps. I will make it one day.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Another snoozer form Gavroche............. why on earth do I walk into these all the damn time!

classic33

Leg End Member
It's an interesting approach, but I think that I have spotted a wee problem with it ... :whistle:

View attachment 23944

:laugh:
I don't remember seeing hills like that round this neck o'woods. Can I take it its not a local road!

I've managed most of the local hills without having to resort to pushing. Even taken a Brox up from Elland to Junction 24(Ainley Top), and upto Leeds/Bradford through Yeadon & the road out of Otley.

Mapster1989

Winnats Pass, Derbyshire defeated me on my first attempt. Grinded to a halt, panicked, fell off whilst being clipped in (yes everyone has done it), turned around and went back down.

...but after about two months of avoiding it I did it again and... I DID IT!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wow, would love a go at that ! !
I don't remember seeing hills like that round this neck o'woods. Can I take it its not a local road!
It's the Stelvio Pass which was supposed to feature in stage 19 of this year's Giro d'Italia, but that stage was cancelled due to snow.
Is Charlie Croaker's (Michael Caine) blue coach still half on, half off the road up there?
Apparently, those scenes in The Italian Job were filmed on St Bernard's Pass.

Incidentally, I was living in Coventry at the time that the original Italian Job was filmed and I remember that the scene where the minis drive down the huge sewer pipe was shot in the new sewer system being constructed under the city!

Lots of climbing usually indicates a lack of route planning.^_^

Gravity is my enemy. Holds me down going up and pushes me down going down.

There's a lot to be said for "flat".

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
There were one or two sections on the transam that had me pushing.the bike for a bit...the Rockies were ok, the Ozarks were steeper but shorter..I prefer the long approaches...short sharp 15% and I'm walking...no shame in.
That. Rather that than bust a chain.or pedal just out of some stubborn wish not to walk up any.hill.

There's some steephills round here, they only last a few hundred metres though :rolleyes: If I can I like to power up them but with longer climbs of varying steepness you have to be more clever to last to the top; I hope my body still remembers how to do that, Ive not had much practice lately :sad:

Top Bottom