Stick with tubeless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Has anyone tried quantum tubeless? It is tubeless and tubes at the same time, and only manifests into one or the other when you take the tyre off.
With tubes made from Schödinger's cat gut

lane

Veteran
UPDATE

Put my GP5000s on about 5 or 6 months ago. Probably 2000km. No punctures that I am aware of. Not especially impressive in itself have had tubes that would do that and more. As noted upthread about a month ago I broke the seal on tne front to check the sealent level and there seemed to be plenty but I topped it up anyway. Today I decided to check the back tyre - especially as we have had warmer weather which can dry sealent up more quickly and we did have about three days hot weather! Also I am using Stans race sealent which is supposed to dry up more quickly.

Deflated the tyre and it did not unseat which it had done previously. Pushed on the tyre and it unseated. Easily broke the seal and had a look to find still lots of liquid sealent in the tyre. Topped it up anyway seeing as I had the seal broken and re seated and inflated to 70psi no problem. Total time probaly 5 minutes.

I am starting to think that maybe the GP5000 - which has a liner to make the tyre airtight - also stops the sealent drying out. Anyway I can't see I really need to check the sealent level more than every 6 months.

So that's maybe 20 minutes a year for both tyres twice a year.

Top Bottom