Still learning and enjoying my air frier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Tother day my daughter and SiL visited. They are veggies but will eat fish.
I had Salmon fillets in the freezer so put 2 in the frier (still frozen).......11 minutes and they were perfect.

Someone told me they do "boiled" eggs in it. No water, 8 minutes at 170° and you get a soft boiled egg. Not tried that yet.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yeah my wife boils eggs in ours.

My latest use of it was to bang out a quick lemon meringue pie using frozen puff pastry, lemon curd and some leftover egg whites. Took about half an hour tops and was good enough for a demanding eight year old.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
My mate raves about doing a Fray Bentos chicken pie in his... Apparently the lid is perfect, with none of that wet, uncooked palaver you get in a normal oven.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Babybel cheese in breadcrumbs (flour, egg, breadcrumbs, egg, breadcrumbs). 9 minutes at 200C.
Made mini chicken kyivs last week by a similar process. Worked a treat.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Crumbed Babybel? I'm appalled, but I'm going to try it nonetheless.
I finished off some duck-fat roasted potatoes that hadn't quite crisped up when the lamb was done. Perfect!
It's also good for crispifying crackling.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
why would you "Boil" an egg in an air-fryer in 8 minutes when you can do it on the stove top in 5 mins?

I can only think that it saves checking on the heat AND you have no pan to wash.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I can only think that it saves checking on the heat AND you have no pan to wash
Err the pan has only had hot water in it, it barley needs rinsing!
Maybe ones soft boiled and the other hard boiled? Although even with our own fresh eggs soft is 4’30”
no both soft - read OP

Its air fryer madness I tell thee. its only a matter of time before people throw away their tumble dryers and dry their smalls in the air fryer....

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Tother day my daughter and SiL visited. They are veggies but will eat fish.
I had Salmon fillets in the freezer so put 2 in the frier (still frozen).......11 minutes and they were perfect.

Someone told me they do "boiled" eggs in it. No water, 8 minutes at 170° and you get a soft boiled egg. Not tried that yet.

I do poached eggs in mine. Preheat it for a few mins,

Ramekin dish - little oil inside it for nonstick purposes - half fill boiling water - crack egg in - 6mins ish on mine.

Enough time to make toast and a brew

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I do poached eggs in mine. Preheat it for a few mins,

Ramekin dish - little oil inside it for nonstick purposes - half fill boiling water - crack egg in - 6mins ish on mine.

Enough time to make toast and a brew

I will try that....thanks.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Quick fruit meringue tarts.

Fruit and sugar in a pan, while that's boiling make pastry cases and blind bake 10mins in air fryer. Meanwhile whisk egg whites and put sugar syrup on to heat. Pastry cases out to cool, strain filling, hot sugar syrup into meringue, assemble, finish in air fryer to brown meringue.

Bish bash bosh, quick dessert to shut the kids up. I've done it with store bought pastry and lemon curd before as well to make it even quicker and easier.
20231206_201426.jpg

Top Bottom