Stocking up pantry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irw

Quadricyclist
I've been saving pie tins up for about 2 months now. I must have a plastic carrier bag of them. Why i don't know. Maybe they could be used to buy things when the economy collapses?:unsure:

You say that, but I’ve got a reasonable pile of old copper piping/immersion tank that I pulled out/partially replaced about six months ago. I’ve been intending to weigh it all in, but now am actually wondering if it’s going to start improving in value... Maybe someone more learned may be able to advise??

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You dont need to stock pile anything. If you dont find what you usually use. Use something else.

Mind you. 16 years of living in Denmark. I still miss self raising flour.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I've decided to grow several acres of vegetables.

Plus keep seventy egg - laying chickens.

And a few pigs.

As sensible provisioning.

Although I have been doing all this for many years now, so I guess I saw it all coming a while back.

Having said all that, I am tempted to get a few extra packets of decent coffee in.

I mean can you imagine??
Running out of proper coffee... :eek:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I've decided to grow several acres of vegetables.

Plus keep seventy egg - laying chickens.

And a few pigs.

As sensible provisioning.

Although I have been doing all this for many years now, so I guess I saw it all coming a while back.

Having said all that, I am tempted to get a few extra packets of decent coffee in.

I mean can you imagine??
Running out of proper coffee... :eek:

Kids have just got 3 hens
The eggs are yummy,the shell's are very thick

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
What's wrong with chicory? :whistle:

Nothing wrong with chicory - as a fresh vegetable - one of my winter favourites - totally addictive.

But as a coffee substitute - no thanks :sad: we can grow loads of good stuff on these shores - coffee isn't one of them.

I went through the whole 'weave your own yoghurt, knit your own knickers' phase back in my twenties.

Its a good way of appreciating the craft and skill that goes into all this stuff.

But nowadays i'm content to leave certain jobs to other experts - and pay them for their trouble :angel:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I noticed prices are going up fast already. 12 cans of fruity cider was £11 before Christmas, and £14.50 in Morrison now, £13 at Tesco.

Top Bottom