Stocking up pantry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Agree, life would be unliveable, mornings wouldn't exist. But you can relax mudsticks - I don't think they grow coffee in europe.
Oh. No
0*tg-jY7lUnisveQNo.jpg

pjd57

Veteran
Not me.
Firstly because if I get brexited I won't be needing to carry extra food supplies with me, Europe is plentiful with good food :tongue:
Second, because I will always be able to feed myself well, cooking from scratch with a handful of ingredients ^_^
But will the shops have the vital handful.

I cook every day. Always fresh vegetables and that's the worry .
Will hold ups at ports cause a problem.

So, while I won't stock up, I will make sure I have rice , pasta and lentils in.
I can survive on them.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Well, root vegetables grow in Great Britain, don't they?
Also greens? I don't like that ubiquitous Kale, but I'll make it tasty somehow ^_^
Dairy and eggs we should have plenty from Weismann dairy locally, lots of stuff I like to cook actually comes from the Asian continent ... sorted!

classic33

Leg End Member
Also greens? I don't like that ubiquitous Kale, but I'll make it tasty somehow ^_^
Dairy and eggs we should have plenty from Weismann dairy locally, lots of stuff I like to cook actually comes from the Asian continent ... sorted!
Muller!

But will the shops have the vital handful.

So, while I won't stock up, I will make sure I have rice , pasta and lentils in.
I can survive on them.
I really can't see the shops being empty. And if you eat a lot of veg, me too, i really can't see that being a problem either, except for exotic stuff. Why on earth should it be? Do your carrots and spuds go on a tour of europe before arriving on your plate? If so, the food miles problem is far far worse than I imagined.
Edit, posted before I saw pat's response to same.

Last edited:
Thanks for the common sense pat.
Some of the stuff on this thread is real dinner party waffle.
Anything but face the real issues.
And confirmation perhaps that many folk still don't understand their own country and are out of touch with it. And I wonder what situation/referendum result that helped bring about?
More power to the humble swede/turnip or whatever folk want to call it.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Do we as a nation grow and produce enough to feed us all? Honest question. Farmers are going to enjoy increased prices if they end up the only suppliers, good for them. Maybe each local area can keep to themselves what they grow, so Lincolnshire produce for Lincolnshire people, the locals would be happy with that and London produce etc.

Do we as a nation grow and produce enough to feed us all?.
honest answer, i doubt it. I imagine the last time we approached that was during the war when folk lived on a restricted diet.
Fortunately I don't think we are going to be blockaded this time. I think it's years since anyone saw a U boat.

screenman

Legendary Member
honest answer, i doubt it. I imagine the last time we approached that was during the war when folk lived on a restricted diet.
Fortunately I don't think we are going to be blockaded this time. I think it's years since anyone saw a U boat.

it costs more to supply a small customer than it does a large one. How much do you think prices will increase over the next few years?

Top Bottom