Stocking up pantry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I am putting a big stock order in next week of about double the normal stock I would carry, as a distributor for a USA company I would not want to be short of stock if my customers need something, prices have already gone up.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I noticed prices are going up fast already. 12 cans of fruity cider was £11 before Christmas, and £14.50 in Morrison now, £13 at Tesco.

Oh no a fruity cider crisis..

Somehow seems appropriate though :rolleyes:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
SWMBO has been stockpiling shoes and handbags for a few years. Apparently she needs them.

Im the same with bikes and cycling clothes. I live in Denmark.

Im not sure what will happen when Brexit arrives. I have been here 16 years and cannot imagine being booted out.

I wouldn't call it stockpiling as such, but I have a few essentials that could last me a few months
Me too. Always do. No problems. I can't see any major problems. In the unlikely event that brits are forced to make meals from motley ingredients at the back of the cupboard, it could even lead to some new interesting dishes or even an entirely new cuisine. Foreign folk will come to try it. Italians, being somewhat anal about food, will come to mock.

Olive oil - hardly a shortage of it is there? Someone will flog it. Worst comes to the worst, rape seed oil.

Last edited:
Having said all that, I am tempted to get a few extra packets of decent coffee in.

I mean can you imagine??
Running out of proper coffee... :eek:

Agree, life would be unliveable, mornings wouldn't exist. But you can relax mudsticks - I don't think they grow coffee in europe.

Edit - if you have a decent grinder (i have a gaggia thing) i can recommend the giant (1 or 1.2kg) bags of espresso beans from lidl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom