Stop At Red campaign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Hairy Jock said:
There is some serious hypocrisy here, then again those there is also a serious lack of thinking from certain members here. Perceptions count, you cant change behaviour without changing perceptions first. If cyclist want to get a better deal then it is important the majority of the public support them, one way is to make a positive effort to put their own house in order first. Hypocrisy stinks...

Signing a petition won't change drivers' perceptions of miscreant cyclists - cyclists obeying red lights might.

Surprisingly, DomT is talking sense.

domtyler

Über Member
Origamist said:
Signing a petition won't change drivers' perceptions of miscreant cyclists - cyclists obeying red lights might.

Surprisingly, DomT is talking sense.

Hey, you're the fourth person to say that on this thread, it's making me feel a little uneasy like I'm slipping out of character or something.:ohmy::smile:

Origamist

Legendary Member
domtyler said:
Hey, you're the fourth person to say that on this thread, it's making me feel a little uneasy like I'm slipping out of character or something.:ohmy::smile:

Don't worry, you'll soon revert back to CycleChat's answer to Jeremy Clarkson.:ohmy:

gavintc

Guru
I stop at red lights but jump them by 1 second to give me time to clip in when setting off. In most circumstances, you can predict the sequence and start moving before green is up. Am I a RLJ, technically I am, and I think it is safer for me to do so.

Returning to campaigns - most of them are a complete waste of time and effort.

spindrift

As one cyclist in Leeds found out a couple of years ago its not very wise. He went through on red and ended up under a double decker bus that was going through on a green light.

When? I can't trace this story.

Top Bottom