Storing bikes outside.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
^^^^^ +1

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Some people buy Bromptons just so they can keep them indoors. Expensive solution but more affordable on a C2W scheme.

vickster

Legendary Member
I live in a pretty good area, but that don't mean it's safe. It's my first bike and it's a good one so yeah I want it to be safe, i have a cover coming Friday but it's going to be raining all day today so there's not much I can really do about it. I'll buy some spray and keep it oiled.
Assume you have it covered by insurance too?

vickster

Legendary Member
No, I've only just bought the bike and I'm new to cycling, I got lucky and have not paid to much money on all my stuff.
depends on bike value and policy excess, likely be covered on home insurance, most policies cover bikes up to £500 or £1000 at least at home with approved locks

dodgy

depends on bike value and policy excess, likely be covered on home insurance, most policies cover bikes up to £500 or £1000 at least at home with approved locks
But the bike appears to be outside the home in a communal area. I would double check any insurance.

I still say find a way, any way, to bring the bike inside. I know not everyone lives in a mansion, but surely there's a way to bring it in?

OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

But the bike appears to be outside the home in a communal area. I would double check any insurance.

I still say find a way, any way, to bring the bike inside. I know not everyone lives in a mansion, but surely there's a way to bring it in?

I live in a 2 bed flat with my partner and my daughter if there was a way I would.

vickster

Legendary Member

Indeed always check Ts & Cs

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Sorry...... would your daughter like a bike shaped mobile in her bedroom?^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^
I know its not always practical, however you can only do your best outside, keep on top of the oiling etc and get that cover on when it comes, make sure that you check it regularly when not in use, there is nothing worse than getting ready for a ride and finding something has seized up because its been left unattended for a while, or a lack of air in the tyres.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I live in a 2 bed flat with my partner and my daughter if there was a way I would.
Is there no communal bin area out of sight or a communal hall/corridor where it could be kept, under a staircase maybe.

TBH whoever decided to position a bike rack there was a bit thick, not only for its proximity to the road but also the grass under the bike will presumably need to be mown at some point. Like I said fine for occasional short visits to residents but ridiculous for overnight or long term parking.

Top Bottom