Storing bikes outside.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only on the livingroom wall.

errm, nothing wrong with that......ok its in the dining room but ….
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/wall-art.260393/

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Absolutely without any doubt whatsoever. Sorry, but your bike WILL DEFINITELY be stolen if you leave it there, just a matter of time.
Might take more time than you have the bike or live there, though.

It's all chance: I lived a year in an edge-of-city flat with my bike locked overnight with a rubbish (in hindsight) chain and padlock in one of those shoot high-low gutter racks outside someone else's kitchen window and another year chained to a cast iron soil pipe outside a shared entrance door to another flat and it survived both times, whereas my wife locked a worse bike in a high-low rack outside someone's kitchen window outside a town centre flat and it was nicked within a couple of months.

OP
OP
Knightly85

Knightly85

20200428_140319.jpg
20200428_140434.jpg

Ok so here is How I will be leaving my bike for now, I have also removed the saddle. Also is a picture of how I can see my bike from my front room. In these flats we all own the leasehold so when we have our next meeting I will ask for a more secure place to store bikes altho I'm the only one in the flats with a bike so I don't think I'll get much back up. I will try and store it in a safer place untill then.

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn’t put the wheel in the wheel bender, stand the bike in a different way, strong gust of wind and the rear wheel toast

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Front wheel isn't secured with the loop going through the frame - I could undo the wheel, and get the loop past the bars.

Just trying to help !

Drago

Legendary Member
Take the front wheel off, turn the bars, put it under your bed ;)

Top Bottom