Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Correct! Did you ever wander around inside the abandoned construction village Polphail before it was demolished? Amazing place.
I did. There were a few things that struck me, but none more so than wheel barrows still full of plaster with hand tools set in them. I always wondered, just how much notice the boys got that the rug was being pulled below them.

kapelmuur

Veteran
I've no idea what this sign in Ashley, Cheshire means.

IMG_20181009_112719321.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
There isn’t a junction though! So now it makes even less sense.
In best pantomime fashion: oh yes there is! It's behind you!

The sign is on Cow Lane, which has a junction with Hough Green behind the photographer on the inside of a slight bend, so vehicles parking below the sign would block the view of drivers emerging from Hough Green. There are also some small white posts around the junction verges to discourage parking on it. The grey sign back in the back of shot is the back of the Ashley name sign.

Can we have some more strange signs, please? ;)

Last edited:

kapelmuur

Veteran
In best pantomime fashion: oh yes there is! It's behind you!

The sign is on Cow Lane, which has a junction with Hough Green behind the photographer on the inside of a slight bend, so vehicles parking below the sign would block the view of drivers emerging from Hough Green. There are also some small white posts around the junction verges to discourage parking on it. The grey sign back in the back of shot is the back of the Ashley name sign.

Can we have some more strange signs, please? ;)

Now I understand, thank you for the explanation. I always approach from Mobberley and haven’t seen the road layout from the Hale direction.

Why haven’t I seen this sign anywhere else?

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Now I understand, thank you for the explanation. I always approach from Mobberley and haven’t seen the road layout from the Hale direction.

Why haven’t I seen this sign anywhere else?
Probably because it's non standard and confusing. Other places would probably put in enough of the posts to make parking physically impossible and send some parking enforcement officers along occasionally, but I guess a sign is cheaper.

Gixxerman

Guru
This is a popular one in Ludford, Lincolnshire.
Fanny Hands Lane.jpg

Top Bottom