Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
00000-15.jpg

From https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/n...-as-sandy-balls-gets-go-ahead-for-10m-revamp/

k_green

On Sunday, I rode past the signs visible in this picture: the bottom sign pointing left is National Route 11 to King's Lynn, but the top sign pointing ahead right (as that's how they position them) is a French-style one to Civray. Sadly it's a one-off and the signs do not continue any further along the route!

Gateway
View attachment 437297
© Keith Evans, cc-by-sa.

That's so odd! The distance is even accurate and in miles, so it's not like someone stole the sign and decided to put it up for a laugh (odd enough) but must've had it made!

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That's so odd! The distance is even accurate and in miles, so it's not like someone stole the sign and decided to put it up for a laugh (odd enough) but must've had it made!
Civray and Downham are twinned. There was probably some presentation that I don't remember. As you say, it is odd and somehow seems no less odd each time I ride past it.

k_green

Civray and Downham are twinned. There was probably some presentation that I don't remember. As you say, it is odd and somehow seems no less odd each time I ride past it.
That makes a little more sense then! still an interesting tribute with no explanation!

rvw

Guru
upload_2018-11-10_21-5-45.png

I know it's a point of honour in Wales that everything is bilingual. So I can only assume that one line of the road sign is in English French and the other in Welsh French...

Top Bottom