Strange Road Signs

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by DRM, 28 Apr 2018.

1. Kempstonian

Kempstonian Über Member

lol... before I had scrolled down to your comment I KNEW that was a Norfolk sign! My granny came from Norwich and that's just how she used to speak. :laugh:

beepbeep likes this.
  2. PeteXXX

PeteXXX Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

stop.jpg

:wacko:

400bhp, Toshiba Boy, rich p and 21 others like this.
  3. beepbeep

beepbeep Well-Known Member

''it would be more than my jobs worth.............''

PeteXXX likes this.
  4. There's a place just North of Aberdeen call Boysack, sorry I haven't got a pic to share but you can Google the place :smile: Also, there are signs to the village of Shilbottle in Northumberland which regularly have a small strip of black electricians tape applied horizontally to the top of the letter l :smile:

Salty seadog likes this.
  5. slow scot

slow scot Senior Member

Just north of Arbroath actually, in Angus.

6. Sorry, we were too busy trying to get back onto the main road, and giggling like schoolkids about the name :biggrin:

7. DCBassman

DCBassman Basses or Bikes? Hmmm...

The definition of 'redundant'.

mikeymustard and PeteXXX like this.
  8. Jenkins

Jenkins Guru

Not my doing, but it looks like someone's had enough of the errant apostrophe:laugh:
    FFS - corrected.jpg

9. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

View: https://twitter.com/kind_but_bolshy/status/1080607106275917830?s=19

Dayvo, Dave7, burntoutbanger and 10 others like this.
  10. Andrew1971

Andrew1971 Senior Member

That's a cracker that one.:okay:
    Andrew

11. Alex H

Alex H Guru

12. Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

13. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

Belated reply, and I may previously have recounted the tale, but we were based in Ballyvaughan on a caving holiday in the '80s and one of the group had cycled there across Ireland on somethig like a ahopping bike. To to set the scene, she was a formidable German lass, blond, pigtails, and a horned helmet and spear wouldn't have seemed out of place. She arrived a few days after the rest of us after this long cycle ride on a crap bike and walked into the bar and her sheer presence caused all heads to turn whereopon she announced ti the whole bar "christ my fanny is f@£&@n sore!"

The pause in conversation was quite long to say the least

14. classic33

classic33 Legendary Member

Ailwee Cave, The Burren?

15. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

Sadly we never managed to sweet talk the Ailwee owner to let us explore beyond the ahow cave.

Pollnagollum - poulelva throughtrip was a highlight I recall doing after our morning Guiness had extended into a bit of a session. The entrance 100' abseil was a bit daunting but as soon as I lowered myself over the edge the adrenalin cut in and I instantly sobered up ! Another through trip recall the pre-rigged exit came out in a field of bullocks who were chewing the rope we were hanging on. Each time I shooed them off they returned a bit closer and bolder.

Must go back

Donger and classic33 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice